2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Their own cars, other travel companies. Trains. Flights.

I nearly always drive to away games unless it's London and I take the train.
yes I understand there are other coaches but trains have been unreliable at weekends to say the least. I just thought more people would use the official club coaches.

Just a lucky man that we never got relegated. He has strangled the life out of our club. A failed actor who found a stage and wont go till he croaks it.

You obviously have no idea of what is considered failure in the theatrical world. Bill more or less gave up acting, it didn't give him up. He gave up acting to become one of the leading impresarios in theatre with a world wide reputation,and without his input, there would very likely be no theatre of any size outside London. A senior executive at One Nation, who run theatres throughout the provinces, told me that Bill had 'almost single handed saved live theatre outside London' He is also a leading film producer, and his shares in Educating Rita and Blood Brothers and Stepping Out will contribute more to his pension than his Everton shares ever will. Some failure!

Hardly running a slave trade, is it? Paying actors the minimum you need to is being a businessman.

The power of Equity is no longer what it was. Producers will use non equity on occasions to save money by paying below so called 'Equity rates' and there are areas of the business were Equity certainly does not have power. Bill always paid Equity minimum but usually further up the cast list...in other words major supporting actors would still be on minimum. For some of his shows he would use a chorus from local Amateur Operatic Societies...a friend of mine has appeared in the chorus of many of Bills musical shows at Manchester and Liverpool theatres. This cost cutting did one thing...it kept the theatres open, and gave provincial audiences the opportunity to see top London shows,admittedly sometimes budget versions, but short cuts on sets are necessary if a show is touring, and going to a different theatre every couple of weeks( I know...I've done it on a much smaller scale than Bill). Only if a show is installed in a theatre can you get the money back on equipment to have Mary Poppins fly into the theatre ceiling,or a chandelier crash onto the stage in Phantom,or a helicopter in Miss Saigon. Actors would rather work for minimum, some do all their working lives,than not work. And many actors very rarely get enough work to survive, and take part time jobs, or have a business. Sorry to turn GOT into Theatre World for a while, but it is important for people to know that Bill Kenwright,in his primary occupation, has been a great success. To keep it short...Bills mistake regarding Everton was that he treated it like something he understood....and Everton became another show....he looked for investors as if Everton was the next Phantom Of The Opera, hence the likes of Phil Green and Earl came on board,Bill sold them the Everton Dream as if he was selling investments in a show. And some shows fail...or need more and continued investment. So the people who invested in Bills shows began to realise that Everton wasn't a show, it was a football club,and they wanted out. So Bill had to find a different kind of investor....and that's another story, a story that ended with Farhad Moshiri...……..

Thats all on him, the failed stadiums

It's taken a very long time for us Goodison faithful to catch up on the Idea that a new stadium is very part of the way forward. I remember the hate he got for suggesting a move, and maybe if that emotional response had been channeled differently that momentum could have taken us to a different 2019...

Anyway, Kenright mission promise was to never put Everton in the position Johnson put Everton in, to that promise he has been true.

Blackburn Leeds, Villa or Sunderland all flashed the cash for a punt on bigger things, and some with fleeting success but never any of them were in the position to build on the success, I would not want to swap what Kenright has achieved with any of them. He kept us viable.

Engineered the exit of the biggest talent in a generation rather than lose his train set.

Sent the Sheikhs packing down the M62, waiting for an investor who would keep him as figurehead.

The man is an utter............

Engineered the exit of the biggest talent in a generation rather than lose his train set.

Sent the Sheikhs packing down the M62, waiting for an investor who would keep him as figurehead.

The man is an utter............

The sheiks were always going to buy City, to get their friend Shiniwatra out of a mess, amongst other reasons. Rooney wanted to go, admittedly after his head was turned by Stretford, whose office was at St James Park...hence the initial 'stalking horse' fake bid by Newcastle United. Those are actual facts.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.