Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world being the key mate. You cant have 20 players of the highest calibre in the team. Well at City and PSG probably. But not at the genuinely managed clubs. The premier league has allowed 23 players to be declared as the PL squad.

McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Vlasic, Baningime, Dowell, Besic, Bolasie, Niasse, Tosun, Mirallas, Sandro, Tarashaj

Possibly Walcott

3 GKs. Pickford, Stekelenburg and Hewelt/Virginia. We are good here.

Out of the remaining 20 players, lets split into 8 defenders, 6 midfielders and 6 strikers.

Coleman, Keane, Zouma, Digne - Main defenders.
Baines, Jagielka, Mina, Kenny - Backups

But we need atleast 1 CB here that can complement Jagielka and fight for that spot. Then we will have 3 CBs fighting for 2 spots. And if we are to sell Jagielka, Baines and Pennington, then we WILL be a lot short. We dont want to over rely on our youths for a starting spot in the premier league.

Gueye, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Gomes - Main midfielders
Schneiderlin, Davies - Backup

We are a whole lot short here and we HAVE to invest in an ball playing CM that will allow Sigurdsson to push forward.

Strikers we need atleast 3. Two wingers and a striker if everyone off your list has to leave. But thats not going to happen. We cant sell first team players and rely on 16 year olds as backups to compete in the league. We will need a 32/33 year old striker who will be happy off the bench and a couple of understudies to him and DCL.

On wages front, assuming these 20 players have an average wage of 100k, thats 2m a week of wages freed.

We would need a CB, a FB, a CM, 2 Strikers and a winger irrespective of the players leaving to even complete the first team XI. I doubt we (or anyone in the history of football) are dumb enough to sign off 20 players and have only 6 players sign in.

Mason Holgate says ‘Hi’.

I have already openly admitted that invented was the wrong word to use and that it is correct to say he most definitely was the first to use it successfully at a high level for consecutive games not out of necessity due to injuries but out of choice.

As for the player hot takes I was just trying to rile you up because I know you’re a huge sangare fan along with Zat.

That’s the last this forum needs to hear of the Guardiola debate and is way off the original post.
And you are still not even close to being accurate.

Been searching for an article that I read sometime ago. It compared different strikers and their playing styles and what made them the players they really are. Not the top ones. The second tier and third tier ones. And Bolasie was one of them. I will dig out that article if I can find it. But it went on to suggest that his loan at Villa wasnt successful because of the way they were setup. And it is more than likely that it is the reason why he wasnt able to score more at Palace and here. But you maybe right in the sense that if we are to compete in the league (and 2 cup competitions), we must be ruthless and not have any sentiments about any players.

Was it the crowds fault in Belgium, the set up at villa, gangstas at palace? Sounds like the Congo Barkley. Bolasie is gash because Bolasie is gash ! That’s all

Status
Not open for further replies.