2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny ... for a club who hasn't exactly been blessed with consistent goalscorers we have fans very quick to criticise a lad of 22 who's development curve has been staggering.

He has played a grand total of 4064 minutes for the club.... that is less than many players complete in one season. So.... in terms of experience he is still a novice... yet in terms of trajectory his ceiling is sky high.

I wouldn't expect a few on here to understand this - mainly because they don't want to. They pinned their colours to the mast and can't handle being wrong.... the pack mentality after the Fulham game was embarrassing and they should be ashamed.

In a game at the weekend which showcased the arrogance and egos of so-called superstars who have neither the heart, honesty, or the athletic capabilities to impact a game like DCL - some of our fans need to be grateful that a player like Dom is prepared to be brave enough to show what is required to wear a blue shirt after seasons of watching similarly cowardly half arsed efforts from some of our expensive failures.

So to those fanboys.....Go and stick up for lukaku on redcafe - that's where he needs his support right now... I'd like to be able to say "savour the memory of him delivering a trophy for us", but he was more arsed about the golden boot for himself and he could manage that cos of his laziness, arrogance and inability to deliver in big games against better players.

The perfect match is 0-0 so maybe he is perfect for us.

Funny ... for a club who hasn't exactly been blessed with consistent goalscorers we have fans very quick to criticise a lad of 22 who's development curve has been staggering.

He has played a grand total of 4064 minutes for the club.... that is less than many players complete in one season. So.... in terms of experience he is still a novice... yet in terms of trajectory his ceiling is sky high.

I wouldn't expect a few on here to understand this - mainly because they don't want to. They pinned their colours to the mast and can't handle being wrong.... the pack mentality after the Fulham game was embarrassing and they should be ashamed.

In a game at the weekend which showcased the arrogance and egos of so-called superstars who have neither the heart, honesty, or the athletic capabilities to impact a game like DCL - some of our fans need to be grateful that a player like Dom is prepared to be brave enough to show what is required to wear a blue shirt after seasons of watching similarly cowardly half arsed efforts from some of our expensive failures.

So to those fanboys.....Go and stick up for lukaku on redcafe - that's where he needs his support right now... I'd like to be able to say "savour the memory of him delivering a trophy for us", but he was more arsed about the golden boot for himself and he could manage that cos of his laziness, arrogance and inability to deliver in big games against better players.
What is wrong with you honestly, People rate him they just want another striker signed because he's not quite there yet to push this club up a level.
Honestly it's very bizzare in the way you're white knighting DCL this hard.

What is wrong with you honestly, People rate him they just want another striker signed because he's not quite there yet to push this club up a level.
Honestly it's very bizzare in the way you're white knighting DCL this hard.

What is wrong with me???

Whats wrong with me is that I have witnessed many a knowitall boo boy get stuck into a young player before they have even been given time to settle.

Our fan base has a sad mentality element that just can't be reasoned with.... it goes back to days before when Leon Osman was getting grief. And its starting to happen all over again with DCL....

Seem to have hit a nerve eh...

What is wrong with me???

Whats wrong with me is that I have witnessed many a knowitall boo boy get stuck into a young player before they have even been given time to settle.

Our fan base has a sad mentality element that just can't be reasoned with.... it goes back to days before when Leon Osman was getting grief. And its starting to happen all over again with DCL....

Getting stuck into him like who? Because people said Lukaku is/was a better player? Because people want to sign another forward because Dom's finishing is not the best?
No one wants to sell him, People like the lad and rate him highly.
The majority want another striker to who can put the ball in the net, Nothing wrong with that.

Sig on Dom:

"Yeah he's fantastic," Sigurdsson remarked.

"His physical ability is fantastic for such a good player. He's got an incredible leap, I think he can jump as high as anyone!

"He's fit and very strong, quick as well, and he makes it really hard for defenders to deal with him.

"He's always learning, but he's been playing really well over the past couple of months. Hopefully he can keep working hard, keep fit and stay in the side."

All he has said there is he can jump and run!

What is wrong with me???

ha ha what?

I personally don't think he will EVER become a top striker and will need upgrading. I haven't EVER boo'd the lad, in fact i've never boo'd an Everton player.

I'm allowed an opinion! You are acting extremely strange I must say... having a go at people for voicing an opinion on a player but at the same time completely insulting a striker who gave us 4 great scoring seasons.

Oh... and drop the super fan act

Getting stuck into him like who? Because people said Lukaku is/was a better player? Because people want to sign another forward because Dom's finishing is not the best?
No one wants to sell him, People like the lad and rate him highly.
The majority want another striker to who can put the ball in the net, Nothing wrong with that.
Really... looks like you don't read tels, Chris, rich and Armanis posts.....

ha ha what?

I personally don't think he will EVER become a top striker and will need upgrading. I haven't EVER boo'd the lad, in fact i've never boo'd an Everton player.

I'm allowed an opinion! You are acting extremely strange I must say... having a go at people for voicing an opinion on a player but at the same time completely insulting a striker who gave us 4 great scoring seasons.

Oh... and drop the super fan act

Boo boy..... doesn't necessarily mean you boo.... just means you are a negative pessimist who isn't prepared to give someone a fair crack of the whip. Very quick to criticise but slow to praise.

You sound like a 15 year old kid.

What is wrong with me???

TBF Osman was [Poor language removed] and wouldn't get near our team today!

Status
Not open for further replies.