2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you don't watch football because you post like someone who doesn't understand the game. But your inability to see how DCL and Firmino have parallels further proves that.

You misinterpret posts the way you do the game all because you are full speed ahead on criticising a lad doing a transformational job for our team.

So because I want a natural scorer in the team it means I do t watch football. Serious question if he’s so good , how come we have never had any Interest in him ?

Lukaku has bagged 20 goals a season for 4 seasons running, and could even do it again this season.

AS IF he wouldn't stroll back into our team. lollollol

If we had Lukaku playing with Siggy, Bernard, Gomes and Richarlison we would have won more games this season. Simple really.

Oh here comes the non premier league game inflation boost again.... hes got 12 league goals mate... less than Siggy and Richarlison.... shall we throw siggy and Richarlison a few extra for the champs league games they never got to play in???

Since calvert lewin started as a striker the team has scored much more than it did before him.

Stop trying to find ways to discredit him which are untrue.

That’s because we had Niasse and tuson as alternatives ... also Bernard was finding his feet and we had Walcott playing every game and our RW was playing up top

Oh here comes the non premier league game inflation boost again.... hes got 12 league goals mate... less than Siggy and Richarlison.... shall we throw siggy and Richarlison a few extra for the champs league games they never got to play in???

You mean the same way people are claiming that DCL has 6 goals in 16 games because that’s how many minutes it adds up to?

Yes - but not in the league, which is what that list was based on.

Whoooa there.... that doesn't help them out.... they like to pretend DCL has played more minutes than he has and include people who score more goals did so in games that DCL can't play in.....

You mean the same way people are claiming that DCL has 6 goals in 16 games because that’s how many minutes it adds up to?

Exactly.... you really aren't getting this are you.....

You like to inflate the amount of time DCL has played and compare him to players scoring goals in competitions he doesn't even play in.....

I like Dom. He's my secret player crush. And he does pose a very interesting problem for us this summer.

He runs the hard yards and puts himself about, can't agree more with the comments on that front. But he hasn't proven to be the goalscorer we need, averaging roughly 1 in 4 all season, which isn't enough for a top six, starting striker (unless there are 3-4 players contributing 10-15 goals each from wide or midfield)

The problem is that he desperately needs games to improve those numbers next year and i'm not sure we'll be able to give them to him. I also would loathe to see him go out on loan (or sold, for that matter) as I still think there is a player in there. Very interesting summer ahead indeed, particularly for Dom who will be hoping that he's done enough to prevent a wedge being spent on a new starting CF, which won't resign him to the bench.

England U21 POTY last year.He'll be glancing around at the other lads who he shared that U21 dressing room with, the likes of Sancho, Wan-Bissaka, Sessegnon, Hudson-Odoi, Solanke, Grealish, Maddison and Loftus-Cheek who have either all moved for big fees, are playing big parts for their clubs or may all command big transfer fees this summer.

All of them have attracted interest from top teams at home and abroad. Even Lookman who's stock rose massively after the RBL loan, has seen his stock fall sharply since coming back and finding his playing time limited with our new signings - I'm sure he'll be considering his options this summer. If we do go into the market and make a big CF purchase, there's a good chance it will get DCL thinking too.

Works hard and occupies defences. Not the best but is still young and learning. We need a top class striker if we are going to push on , but DCL is a decent back-up. Unselfish player who needs to add a few more goals to his game

I like Dom. He's my secret player crush. And he does pose a very interesting problem for us this summer.

He runs the hard yards and puts himself about, can't agree more with the comments on that front. But he hasn't proven to be the goalscorer we need, averaging roughly 1 in 4 all season, which isn't enough for a top six, starting striker (unless there are 3-4 players contributing 10-15 goals each from wide or midfield)

The problem is that he desperately needs games to improve those numbers next year and i'm not sure we'll be able to give them to him. I also would loathe to see him go out on loan (or sold, for that matter) as I still think there is a player in there. Very interesting summer ahead indeed, particularly for Dom who will be hoping that he's done enough to prevent a wedge being spent on a new starting CF, which won't resign him to the bench.

England U21 POTY last year.He'll be glancing around at the other lads who he shared that U21 dressing room with, the likes of Sancho, Wan-Bissaka, Sessegnon, Hudson-Odoi, Solanke, Grealish, Maddison and Loftus-Cheek who have either all moved for big fees, are playing big parts for their clubs or may all command big transfer fees this summer.

All of them have attracted interest from top teams at home and abroad. Even Lookman who's stock rose massively after the RBL loan, has seen his stock fall sharply since coming back and finding his playing time limited with our new signings - I'm sure he'll be considering his options this summer. If we do go into the market and make a big CF purchase, there's a good chance it will get DCL thinking too.

I cant tell if this is serious or not

Exactly.... you really aren't getting this are you.....

You like to inflate the amount of time DCL has played and compare him to players scoring goals in competitions he doesn't even play in.....

What are you talking about? I simply said his finishing isn’t good enough and I would prefer to have a natural goal scorer in the team at the expense of some work rate .

What are you talking about? I simply said his finishing isn’t good enough and I would prefer to have a natural goal scorer in the team at the expense of some work rate .

What chances have you seen him miss which make you think he's a bad finisher? Obviously you will pick out the Fulham game but I'm sure there must be far more glaring misses for you to think this....

Status
Not open for further replies.