Our season so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This piqued my interest so I had a quick look at it for all teams (points per game).

We are a bit of an outlier: best record outside the top six against current bottom 10; one of the worst against current top 10.

For what it's worth, I do think this will improve towards the end of the season. I think we'll take at least one win from the tough home matches coming up.

Happy with this prediction about the LFC, CFC, Arsenal and United games...

Looking back, why was anyone expecting anything else?

7/10. Excellent season given the utter disaster zone at the end of last season.

A team with no identity and reviled for the football we played has been turned into a team with a definite identity and sense of purpose, and are now one of the more entertaining teams of the PL.

An extrordinary turnaround, especially given the continued failure of the club to buy a striker worthy of the name.

7/10. Excellent season given the utter disaster zone at the end of last season.

A team with no identity and reviled for the football we played has been turned into a team with a definite identity and sense of purpose, and are now one of the more entertaining teams of the PL.

An extrordinary turnaround, especially given the continued failure of the club to buy a striker worthy of the name.

DCL has been great for a while though. We definitely need a proven goalscorer up top and it needs to be top priority this summer.

Agree but 6 months ago he wasn’t doing that well outside the penalty area. He has improved his hold up play and aerial challenges in a big way since then. He needs to start scoring more goals but with the attitude he has shown to improve his game maybe he can develop into a very good all round striker
It's easier to develop the physical side of the game than movement and technique.

Good player to have off the bench to keep opponents busy.

It's easier to develop the physical side of the game than movement and technique.

Good player to have off the bench to keep opponents busy.
What he needs, and the rest of the team for that matter, is an actual talented, experienced, proven striker to learn from and be inspired by.
Over to you Mr Brands and Mr Moneyshiri.

Man U have won the league with 75 points and not won it with 89. West Brom have stayed up with 34 points. Fat Lad dragged us to an 8th place finish with some of the dreariest football and spawniest results in PL history.

If we see an improvement in football, a willingness to attack teams regardless of reputation and a transfer policy that is clearly aimed towards a balanced and quality filled squad then I'm not too arsed where we finish in the league so long as it's clear we're playing better.

That's what I posted back last June. I reckon those boxes have been ticked.

It looks to me as if the pressing game has finally sunk in, the players look much fitter than earlier in the season, which is weird as you’d think tiredness would be setting in. They also look more like a team now. However, the various giant lists on here of players that most want sold tells me that, individually, many are not up to the required standard.

Biggest plus of the season has to be finding Digne, what a player.

It looks to me as if the pressing game has finally sunk in, the players look much fitter than earlier in the season, which is weird as you’d think tiredness would be setting in. They also look more like a team now. However, the various giant lists on here of players that most want sold tells me that, individually, many are not up to the required standard.

Biggest plus of the season has to be finding Digne, what a player.
Spot on about Lucas mate, who would have believed that he would have immediately taken to the prem plus immediately reminded us of what Bainsey was like in his pomp! I am genuinely excited to see if he and Bernard can match or even improve on the baines/ pienaar era. Whatever money we have Lucas on, we need to up it and get him to sign a five year deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.