Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re we ever actually ever close to signing any of them tho? I mean in the real world?

No I don't think we were. Oddly I think with Van Dijk there were windows it could have happened. It could have happened instead of Mori, or had we sold Stones I suspect it may have happened then.

I even think, had Brands have been appointed he may have been able to get him over the line in the summer Koeman came had he paid what would have seemed a huge fee (say £50 million) to pacify Southampton. After that summer though no chance.

As for De Ligt I'd say very little chance. Again possibly if we'd have put down £50+ million last summer? I'm not sure the money was easily available though.

He should easily be our top target at RB and have him splitting time with Coleman his first season and taking over completely in 2-3. Absolute undeniable talent and only 18 years old.

You got a lot of stick for this post, but it is something that Brands will be looking at in terms of bringing in 18-21 year olds.

The video makes him look incredible.

That must be old. I'm seeing his agent is currently Nahkli Mondial. And I am sure if his options are wait for Liverpool Arsenal etc. or take the 120k a week at Everton he would come here. The problem as always is we can't really attract people who have other options. Which is why the Zat strategy of buying young isn't the craziest thing ever.

It will certainly be interesting to see who were in for as Brands has said the targets are already mapped out.

I know we looked at De Ligt last season but ultimately couldn't make the deal work which is a great shame. Imagine if we would have got him and Van Dijk over the line!

Where did you hear we were in for De Ligt? He would have been an amazing signing. Surely we had the money if we hadnt got Mina as it would have just been £20mil more which we needed.

No I don't think we were. Oddly I think with Van Dijk there were windows it could have happened. It could have happened instead of Mori, or had we sold Stones I suspect it may have happened then.

I even think, had Brands have been appointed he may have been able to get him over the line in the summer Koeman came had he paid what would have seemed a huge fee (say £50 million) to pacify Southampton. After that summer though no chance.

As for De Ligt I'd say very little chance. Again possibly if we'd have put down £50+ million last summer? I'm not sure the money was easily available though.

Hopefully players at Ajax and PSV (like the one penny blue mentions at the top of this quote) are targeted as well as others from top clubs who have had a good grounding.

Its great to go for Neres, Malcom types but even more exciting if we signed them earlier as then we could get 2 or 3 for the same price.

We won't sign anyone unless we get rid of majority of the rubbish hanging around, and I'll happily include Siggy in that list.

You got a lot of stick for this post, but it is something that Brands will be looking at in terms of bringing in 18-21 year olds.

It will certainly be interesting to see who were in for as Brands has said the targets are already mapped out.

Where did you hear we were in for De Ligt? He would have been an amazing signing. Surely we had the money if we hadnt got Mina as it would have just been £20mil more which we needed.

Hopefully players at Ajax and PSV (like the one penny blue mentions at the top of this quote) are targeted as well as others from top clubs who have had a good grounding.

Its great to go for Neres, Malcom types but even more exciting if we signed them earlier as then we could get 2 or 3 for the same price.

I saw links in the summer. Whether the asking price was 50 million I am not sure, it may have been higher. Either way I do think there is some question as to whether we had that money available and whether De Ligt would have come.

I agree on finding people earlier. This is an important point as well and worth bearing in mind if we do not sign the most well known players immediately.

Utter nonsense as per from yourself
Cool, you seen him play a lot? What are your thoughts? Or are you going to take pot shots at every opinion I offer? I know, I know, football's not for me.

Look, not every Ajax player is a 30M or fit to play in the PL. Its impressive they beat Juventus. They are tied with PSV in the league. Let's not get carried away here.

What’s with the discontent for zouma all of a sudden? Think he’s been a decent player for us this season and has popped up with a few goals. Looks more consistent than Mina or jags combined
When we were crap, round about the Millwall game, he was absolutely pathetic.

Since the break I think he's been very decent indeed. I just think he's going to cost am absolute fortune.

Dest is super talented for sure and has had the benefit of being raised in a Euro academy for years. Incidentally, there are a slew of super talented US players that have made their way onto European rosters at age 18, usually on frees. Unfortunately, that's how it works with US players that don't already have passports.

But I do wish Everton would jump in and try and take advantage of that. If we have a ban, there's not much we can do. But watching kids like Ulysses Llanez and Alex Mendez sign with Germany clubs seems like opportunities gone by.

Ziyech wouldn't interest me at all to be honest, hes not a functional player for us and there are better out there and more proven.

If we dont get Gomes, i would continue to bang the drum for Youri Tielemans, best PL signing in the winter market, hes going to be star and will inevitably end up in the PL on permanent deal, class act. One of those you need to be in there before his price will ultimately end up in the 80 mill.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.