• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One is worth 40M, the other is not.

I like Van de Beek, tough kid, plays with a lot of passion, clever with the ball, but he's simply not athletic enough to play in our central midfield.
I think the complete opposite he has such an engine out there on the field he rivals Gana

Apparently Demirbay at Hoffenheim has a release clause between €20 and €30 mil, would love to see us go in for him, class footballer

You got a lot of stick for this post, but it is something that Brands will be looking at in terms of bringing in 18-21 year olds.

The video makes him look incredible.

It will certainly be interesting to see who were in for as Brands has said the targets are already mapped out.

Where did you hear we were in for De Ligt? He would have been an amazing signing. Surely we had the money if we hadnt got Mina as it would have just been £20mil more which we needed.

Hopefully players at Ajax and PSV (like the one penny blue mentions at the top of this quote) are targeted as well as others from top clubs who have had a good grounding.

Its great to go for Neres, Malcom types but even more exciting if we signed them earlier as then we could get 2 or 3 for the same price.
Dest is super talented for sure and has had the benefit of being raised in a Euro academy for years. Incidentally, there are a slew of super talented US players that have made their way onto European rosters at age 18, usually on frees. Unfortunately, that's how it works with US players that don't already have passports.

But I do wish Everton would jump in and try and take advantage of that. If we have a ban, there's not much we can do. But watching kids like Ulysses Llanez and Alex Mendez sign with Germany clubs seems like opportunities gone by.
Weah, Dest, and De La Fuente from Barca (provided they don’t switch nationalities) all under 19 are going to be the future of the USMNT and are all great players. Add them to the already wildly proven Pulisic, McKinnie, and Adams and USA are actually producing some very strong talent. That’s even without Sergeant who also is showing he’s go it in the bundesliga as a teen.

The MLS also has shown to produce talent lately too with Almiron at Newcastle and Adams at RBL. Not saying that should be the bulk of our business but I do believe with our history for Americans at the club it could be on target to pick a few up to develop.

Right us all off as stupid hopeful yanks but this will be our golden generation and in 4 years will be a horrible team to draw in the group stages of the WC with most likely the youngest team present mostly being U23.

We should have gone in for Tyler Adams as a replacement for Gana if we wanted an American. Dest is a good shout though. He’s one of the best youth talents I’ve ever seen play for US youth teams.

Apparently Demirbay at Hoffenheim has a release clause between €20 and €30 mil, would love to see us go in for him, class footballer
Very talented but more like Siggy and if we are trying to get rid of the 2 defensive and 1 attacking mid like Silva wants and go to a 1 defensive and 2 attacking like Ajax have been play in the CL with Frenkie playing as the deep lying playmaker we need a work horse of a player and a deep distributor added to the team

I didn’t know there was an option to buy and thought Barca agreed terms and offered £60m. Honestly Frankfurt could turn around and sell him to Barca now for £90m and call it day

Frankfurt loaned him from Benfica with the buy clause.

Anyone wanting to sign him would have been aware of this and that Frankfurt would use it.

@Zatara @CRIMHEAD @carolinablue232 @Hoyasaxa1 and to whoever else it may concern,
Follow these twitter accounts for every touch highlights and analyses of all the need to know U21 Americans and Ajax academy players:

ED82E816-FEEC-4141-A874-1DA57CFF05EB.png 4D980D38-AE15-43A9-9D73-AC2ABF13FDBB.png 7D25FA0D-E0E6-41D5-BCF9-8ED2313AC57B.png C8D90B6C-6A32-4E7D-BFF2-D3C39856012E.png

Status
Not open for further replies.