Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly we won't be finishing 7th either way. But if a miracle happened and we did get the 7th place trophy I'd have no problem with it.
We need to be on some form of European platform either way, It aides revenue and reputation and its fun to watch.
Using it as an excuse to be crap in the league is just poor operations and management from the club in my opinion.
But unfortunately It's just like saying we are signing Neymar for example, just Isn't happening 9th at the pinnacle.

Anyone saying they don't care about playing in the Europa, do you not want another night like when Arteta scored against Fiorentina (obviously apart from going out)? We didn't have a big squad that season, but managed that competition along with getting to a league cup semi and finishing 5th.

The only way I'd sacrifice getting into Europe would be to put all eggs in a basket and go all out for both the domestic cups the following year, no weakened sides.

Even if we can't get it, I still want European football of any kind. It's great for the fans and it gets Everton's name out there.
For some reason our record in Europe is poor. In the 1960s when we had a very good team we were rubbish in Europe. Ditto the 1970s when we had a decentish side. And our record since then hasn't got much better.
Would live to see us win the Europa even more than the FA or League Cup.

Worthless discussion - its not happening. wolves will get 7th place and end up in a relegation fight next season.
I can see the 7th place bit but Wolves wont be battling relegation next year, the fastest I have seen any club go from promotion to galvanising a premier position ever. They have money, descent stadium, great manager and some talent in that squad. They are sound next season imo....a complete transformation from where they were 3 years ago.

Anyone saying they don't care about playing in the Europa, do you not want another night like when Arteta scored against Fiorentina (obviously apart from going out)? We didn't have a big squad that season, but managed that competition along with getting to a league cup semi and finishing 5th..

That was one game, out of all those Europe games there was one, but most of the rest of them were crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.