• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well no one expected Koeman and Walsh to absolutely annihilate this club and set us back, Which forced us to hire BFS to keep us in the Premiership, Not sure how this is Moshiri's fault when Koeman and Walsh were being highly spoken of at the time.
You not sure how it’s Moshiri’s fault? He’s the one employing these people. For a man who has been in football before, he’s made himself look a fool on a number of occasions.

Why give Fat Sam and Walsh another £50m to spend, knowing that the fans wanted both of them out. Now we’re stuck with Walcott and Tosun, who are both crap, both cost a lot of money and are both on big wages.

He needs to buck up his ideas and while he is at it, boot Kenwright from the club.

You not sure how it’s Moshiri’s fault? He’s the one employing these people. For a man who has been in football before, he’s made himself look a fool on a number of occasions.

Why give Fat Sam and Walsh another £50m to spend, knowing that the fans wanted both of them out. Now we’re stuck with Walcott and Tosun, who are both crap, both cost a lot of money and are both on big wages.

He needs to buck up his ideas and while he is at it, boot Kenwright from the club.
Yeah and employing Koeman and Walsh was the correct choice at the time...both were highly thought of in the league. I mean you mention DBB and Kenwright which have no bearings on the pitch so it's clear where your thoughts lie.

Did you not post you had no knowledge of the inner workings of their relationship , claiming you need to be itk for that ?

I gave you an easy way to find out.
If you choose not to read it....fine.
I don't normally read the addendum to the RS match day programme,but all I found was a video with garbled audio that mentioned Gomes. Goat suggested that Brands has 100% responsibility in all signings,Banno suggested that Silva can look,but if Brands say no it means no.My comment was that I don't know if either is true,and to be honest I doubt if anybody outside of their meetings knows either.

Think all the responsibility has been passed to Brands. Brands is here for the long haul and it is Brands who will see fit to sack the manager if need be. Moshiri I believe has stepped back now and is giving all the time in the world for Brands to do his work. Brands himself said this will be a gradual process and rightly so as we do not want to have a manager every year as that would do no good whatsoever. Even if he sacked Silva and got someone in to fit his style then it would still take time for settling in and finding out what players fit or not with the new manager.....basically back to square one. I can see the progress this team has made footballing wise and some of the football has been very good this season just not consistently which is understandable as we are in a period of serious reconstruction. By that I mean we are building for the future and not just a short term plan. So time is important and from Brands sound bites I would say Silva will be given that unless we totally implode like Koeman did.

To be fair at the time both were highly regarded,Koeman had done a good job at Soton and Walsh had been to the public eye at least, heavily involved in the Leicester miracle.In hindsight which is a great thing Walsh was just a glorified scout and Koeman a golf course based average coach. And Moshiri's football knowledge I imagine is limited,so maybe his advisers need the kick up the backside.

Morning mate.

I've been impressed with us bar Newcastle since Cardiff and think Bernard and Richarlison on the wings have given us good balance.

The key is though mentality- its taken Silva near 4 months from the Anfield defeat to get the lads confidence back which is a worry - we look a side who play well when we're up for it but any sign of trouble (newcastle getting a goal back) we look likely to wilt. I was hoping West Ham would got one back last week to see how we would have responded. Time will tell but for me thats a massive area of his management that he has to improve - the RS for example never look like they lose their heads and Klopp deserves big credit for that never say die mentality he has instilled.

I just think 7th is the minimum for a club of our size, people seem to forget Moshiri came in with the ambition of challenging the top 6 and he's said that a number of times. He gives managers 3 year deals not 5 years like Soppy Bill because he wants to see progression and know the manager at the reigns can take us forward. If he cant get 7th two seasons in to the job with a big outley on players and his own starting 11 then that is a big worry.

I also don't know why people worry about the manager - Brands is the DOF and its his project- if Silva goes he'll bring in a manager who plays a similiar style to suit the players here - gone are the days of sacking a manager then bringing in a polar opposite who needs their own new 11 players.
A couple of great points there.
To be fair we have been collapsing for a good few years under pressure and this is one of the reasons I would sell Gana and look to bring in a rock to sit infront of the centre backs.

I’m not solely blaming Gana, but Bournemouth 3rd game In was a good example that last 20mins when we came under pressure he was just booting it anywhere from the edge of our box , most of the time straight back to them. We need real leaders and some composure to handle them situations.

And the point about Brands, he’s building a team/squad with a style and way of playing so if it doesn’t work out with Silva. The next manager will have to fit the same style.

A couple of great points there.
To be fair we have been collapsing for a good few years under pressure and this is one of the reasons I would sell Gana and look to bring in a rock to sit infront of the centre backs.

I’m not solely blaming Gana, but Bournemouth 3rd game In was a good example that last 20mins when we came under pressure he was just booting it anywhere from the edge of our box , most of the time straight back to them. We need real leaders and some composure to handle them situations.

And the point about Brands, he’s building a team/squad with a style and way of playing so if it doesn’t work will Silva. The next manager will have to fit the same style.

Your bottom point is why I dont get the whole 'we cant keep sacking managers' line that the Red Echo has been churning out all season. Its like they have no understanding of the role of a proper DOF.

Clubs with a sound DOF in place could sack a manager every season if they wished and it not make any difference to the direction and shape of the squad.

Of course you want the same man in the job if possible however if he's underperforming we shouldn't be scared to find a replacement who as you say would be well equipped to work with the players the DOF has brought in.

well no one expected Koeman and Walsh to absolutely annihilate this club and set us back, Which forced us to hire BFS to keep us in the Premiership, Not sure how this is Moshiri's fault when Koeman and Walsh were being highly spoken of at the time.
Morning mate.

I've been impressed with us bar Newcastle since Cardiff and think Bernard and Richarlison on the wings have given us good balance.

The key is though mentality- its taken Silva near 4 months from the Anfield defeat to get the lads confidence back which is a worry - we look a side who play well when we're up for it but any sign of trouble (newcastle getting a goal back) we look likely to wilt. I was hoping West Ham would got one back last week to see how we would have responded. Time will tell but for me thats a massive area of his management that he has to improve - the RS for example never look like they lose their heads and Klopp deserves big credit for that never say die mentality he has instilled.

I just think 7th is the minimum for a club of our size, people seem to forget Moshiri came in with the ambition of challenging the top 6 and he's said that a number of times. He gives managers 3 year deals not 5 years like Soppy Bill because he wants to see progression and know the manager at the reigns can take us forward. If he cant get 7th two seasons in to the job with a big outley on players and his own starting 11 then that is a big worry.

I also don't know why people worry about the manager - Brands is the DOF and its his project- if Silva goes he'll bring in a manager who plays a similiar style to suit the players here - gone are the days of sacking a manager then bringing in a polar opposite who needs their own new 11 players.
Yeah and employing Koeman and Walsh was the correct choice at the time...both were highly thought of in the league. I mean you mention DBB and Kenwright which have no bearings on the pitch so it's clear where your thoughts lie.

@Lelouch i did warn against Koeman...was shouted down a number of times...i literally have hated him since he destroyed Valencia.

@ForeverBlue92 see, you can make a reasoned and balanced post :eek: lol

Seriously though, which players which Silva/Brands havent signed would you say were top 6 quality? Not top 7, top 6 because to achieve 7th you need consistent performers who can change games and perform to a certain level...if we class that as top 6 then we should expect minimum 7th...if the players are changing into a new system but are only 7th quality then its not unfair to say they may be inconsistent.

You state there was a huge confidence crisis, but you must be impressed by how hes turned it around after a break.

@Lelouch i did warn against Koeman...was shouted down a number of times...i literally have hated him since he destroyed Valencia.

@ForeverBlue92 see, you can make a reasoned and balanced post :eek:lol

Seriously though, which players which Silva/Brands havent signed would you say were top 6 quality? Not top 7, top 6 because to achieve 7th you need consistent performers who can change games and perform to a certain level...if we class that as top 6 then we should expect minimum 7th...if the players are changing into a new system but are only 7th quality then its not unfair to say they may be inconsistent.

You state there was a huge confidence crisis, but you must be impressed by how hes turned it around after a break.
Koeman was making waves in the PL with a lowly team like Southampton and Moshiri just bought us out, I don't think you can make too many arguments against his appointment tbh which is why I find it funny when people blame Moshiri that we haven't done anything since he took over, He's just been really unlucky with his appointments who all held promising things about themselves and they ultimately let him down.

The same posters posting the same gifs to gain likes from the same people they'll never meet in real life.

Come on Larbert what's the point? An endless rat race of trying to gain acceptance in a place that is ultimately devoid of it.

Take my hand Larbert and I will show you the true path.

Please reread the things you post. They’re really weird.

On Silva. I’m intrigued as to how next season will go. My fear is exactly the same as this one. I certainly will not be ‘expecting’ 7th.

There are waaay too many variables for us to be expecting anything. Mainly how bad we’ve been at times this year.

And we have no right expecting anything.

And despite my huge reservations in Silva I am impressed that the players like him and that the head honchos are true to their word in giving him time.

Yeah he's probably done enough to deserve a shot at next season now. Which is fine. It's probably better than having to sack another manager so soon. He will be judged midway through the season. I've liked quite of lot of what I've seen over the last month. It's about showing it far more consistently next year.

Please reread the things you post. They’re really weird.

On Silva. I’m intrigued as to how next season will go. My fear is exactly the same as this one. I certainly will not be ‘expecting’ 7th.

There are waaay too many variables for us to be expecting anything. Mainly how bad we’ve been at times this year.

And we have no right expecting anything.

And despite my huge reservations in Silva I am impressed that the players like him and that the head honchos are true to their word in giving him time.

I have no idea on whether keeping Silva next year will prove correct. The recent signs are looking better though.

Defensively we've been OK in open play situations for much of the season. The set piece shambles was the big problem. That is a solvable problem as recent weeks have shown. If we've finally got to grips with being even half decent at defending them, then we should be a better team next year. If there's a repeat next season of basic errors on a repeated basis, then I'm afraid there will be no excuse for the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.