2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we’ve not been getting beat so... why do we need to complain? We’re a better side currently when he plays whether he slots or someone else does.

people always find a reason to complain, I wasn't I was referring to someone saying he's been getting no service when he clearly has

it's been ok last few games because others have been scoring but ultimately if your playing upfront you need to score some goals as well

He will turn into the next Harry Kane.
Kane never going until he was slightly older than DCL and had far better players around him.

wrong, kane is 3 years older than DCL

this time 3 years ago kane had slotted 25 prem goals that season

and got 21 prem goals the season before

lets not compare then because kane comes out on top every single time

Reminds me of Coleman, he had all the attributes to be really good, but his timing seemed to be off in challenges and every time he went near a player we were wondering whether it would be a penalty, but he worked on it, improved and became and absolutely quality player.

DCL is the striker equivalent, good at many things, but can't shoot, it will come as he works on it and he will be a decent player. I don't think he will ever be a top player but I am certain he will get a lot better and start getting a decent goal return.

Reminds me of Coleman, he had all the attributes to be really good, but his timing seemed to be off in challenges and every time he went near a player we were wondering whether it would be a penalty, but he worked on it, improved and became and absolutely quality player.

DCL is the striker equivalent, good at many things, but can't shoot, it will come as he works on it and he will be a decent player. I don't think he will ever be a top player but I am certain he will get a lot better and start getting a decent goal return.
Don't think it will come good for him. Finishing is one of those abilities you either have or you don't. Everything suggests he's in the latter category. As ever, hope I'm wrong, but just can't see it.

wrong, kane is 3 years older than DCL

this time 3 years ago kane had slotted 25 prem goals that season

and got 21 prem goals the season before

lets not compare then because kane comes out on top every single time

Sakes mate I was just trying to spread some optimism for once, even if it is misplaced!

Regardless of DCLs improvement he is still missing the crucial part of taking chances. We cannot go into next season with him leading the line or it will hurt us badly. He is one to put on the back burner and hope he adds to what is already a significant improvement. One to keep no doubt about it and fingers crossed he becomes more instinctive. If he can start putting the ball in the net more often then we will have a cracking all round player.

Status
Not open for further replies.