Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again what’s the point of bringing out his stats and ignoring his attribute which cannot be found in any of our strikers.

Some folks mention that Brands is not looking to sign a striker next season. If true, Onye will be the best fit with natural ability to play in that position. It will be foolish not to consider just because you think that his stats at turkey is deem as a straight forward way to define his career thereafter.

I see goals in him much more than DCL can offer. I think it will be Richarlison or Onye playing as striker next season.

Well, the point of "bringing out stats" is to show;

1 -- He performs below par on the right or centre.
2 -- He scores alot more goals from the left and his match rating is really high.

Whats his "attribute," that you believe he had which no others here do?

Wheres the "natural ability" you state he has to play at CF when he has performed far below his usual level when put up top?

You mention "his stats in turkey", what about his stats in Belgium ergo his entire career?

Youre trying to make a case for a wide player to be player in a much harder league at centre forward when all the evidence suggests he would find it much easied to play the role he has been successful in.

I think its pretty well established that our wingers will be Bernard and Richarlison,with Theo and maybe another for the bench(I think Lookman will be allowed to leave if £20 million is offered) So theres room for Onyekuru to get in the squad with a fighting chance. So there plenty of money for a ready made top class right back and a midfield hit man.

It appears though Walcott has now lost his place and on his wages with such a short contract (2 years left) i think he will be sold...lookman i think will also be sold unless he performs before season end.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens.

Ye, see what you're saying but it's nowhere near enough to say definitely that he can't do well in a different position, with different player in a different system.

You can never rule out anything 100% but i cant see him used in a different role than hes been successful in at the start of his premier league career.

Well, the point of "bringing out stats" is to show;

1 -- He performs below par on the right or centre.
2 -- He scores alot more goals from the left and his match rating is really high.

Whats his "attribute," that you believe he had which no others here do?

Wheres the "natural ability" you state he has to play at CF when he has performed far below his usual level when put up top?

You mention "his stats in turkey", what about his stats in Belgium ergo his entire career?

Youre trying to make a case for a wide player to be player in a much harder league at centre forward when all the evidence suggests he would find it much easied to play the role he has been successful in.

You are blind if you can’t see he can dribble better, finish better and very pacy. His unpredictability with the ball is not found in our entire front line. You have no merit in your argument if you can’t see this and keep obsessing with stats. He will out perform any of our striker no doubt about it.
If we don’t play him as a striker we will end up signing someone who has pace, dribbling ability and good finishing. Exactly what he is capable of.
Play him there, I don’t think 10 goals is beyond him when you see Joshua king and Glenn Murray with less ability can score 11 goals this season.

You are blind if you can’t see he can dribble better, finish better and very pacy. His unpredictability with the ball is not found in our entire front line. You have no merit in your argument if you can’t see this and keep obsessing with stats. He will out perform any of our striker no doubt about it.
If we don’t play him as a striker we will end up signing someone who has pace, dribbling ability and good finishing. Exactly what he is capable of.
Play him there, I don’t think 10 goals is beyond him when you see Joshua king and Glenn Murray with less ability can score 11 goals this season.

So why has he performed poorly every game at CF?

All the best players have stupid haircuts.
*hurriedly looks at photos of Everton squad.
We're a squad full of short back and sides

Theo Walcott and Morgan Schneiderlin say hi ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.