Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overly simplistic way of looking at it. The team / system could function better with him wide. It might also be a system that suits a target man etc. Could be playing behind a creative left back with good combination play.

At 2 clubs?

Anyone worked out how Richarlison got a work permit to join Watford yet this lad can't get one for us

Bit weird that

The fee and the salary in that window.

Yes. Over 1 and a half seasons. Need more than just goals scored / positions played to make any kind of judgement of what he could do in another system / league. Even then, it's best guest.

Hence the ratings from whoscored which also back up the other stats.

Im really not sure if you understand my posts.

He has been playing LM LW LF CF ACM RW RF this season and also similar last season.

Statistically he has the following ratings this season;

Midfield/wing Left -- Played 12 scored 9. Rating 7.9
Left forward - Played 3. Rating 6.3

Centre -- Played 6 scored 2. Rating 6.4.

Right -- Played 7. Rating 6.5

So it appears rather clear that hes a left midfield/winger as his stats are massively higher when playing in that position.

If you think you can just put a winger up front and he will score loads of goals then fair enough...but thats not statistically true.

Again what’s the point of bringing out his stats and ignoring his attribute which cannot be found in any of our strikers.

Some folks mention that Brands is not looking to sign a striker next season. If true, Onye will be the best fit with natural ability to play in that position. It will be foolish not to consider just because you think that his stats at turkey is deem as a straight forward way to define his career thereafter.

I see goals in him much more than DCL can offer. I think it will be Richarlison or Onye playing as striker next season.

Again what’s the point of bringing out his stats and ignoring his attribute which cannot be found in any of our strikers.

Some folks mention that Brands is not looking to sign a striker next season. If true, Onye will be the best fit with natural ability to play in that position. It will be foolish not to consider just because you think that his stats at turkey is deem as a straight forward way to define his career thereafter.

I see goals in him much more than DCL can offer. I think it will be Richarlison or Onye playing as striker next season.

I think its pretty well established that our wingers will be Bernard and Richarlison,with Theo and maybe another for the bench(I think Lookman will be allowed to leave if £20 million is offered) So theres room for Onyekuru to get in the squad with a fighting chance. So there plenty of money for a ready made top class right back and a midfield hit man.

Hence the ratings from whoscored which also back up the other stats.

Ye, see what you're saying but it's nowhere near enough to say definitely that he can't do well in a different position, with different player in a different system.

Status
Not open for further replies.