2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as our defenders are, they are still an upgrade on the Jags/Williams combo we endured.
However, we all know how bad we are at the back.
The league knows it, Millwall knew it, everybody has a chance against us these days.

We are the team to play if you are out of form.

We got mugged paying 30M for Keane and Burnley would have offered 15M to buy him back the next day. They knew.

We were probably more solid with Williams/Holgate than we are now which is scary.

I didn't realise how important Pickford was in this until recently. He must shout whateva comes out of his mouth and neither Keane or Zouma can understand it.
I really really hope we have clever coaches. I'm not a coach but what abotrying to give players responsibility and leadership by giving them the time and space tos olve the problem. How about putting our key defencers - Pickford Keane Zouma Jags in a room with videos, whiteboard and ideas, and get them talking about on field communication. Then add Gomes Gana Schneiderlin Davies a into the conversation about defensive cover and talk about how we are going to communicate on the pitch to cover each other. Then you share these ideas with the whole squad, and Jags or maybe even PIckford to make him grow up, tell the team about how we are going to get better in defence. It'll be like an idea coming from the players, and giving them responsibility and the solutions.

Even in my stupid 7 a side I play, we win when we all shout and cover for each other and tell each other who's open and who to chase.

He wasn’t played at right back at all mate. Anyway he’s been absolutely terrible for us.

just went through the teams for the season they went down, he like 80% of the time played on the right of a back 3, now the 2 wing backs where pieters on the left ( a left back ) and diouf on the right ( a striker ) like I said he'd spent most of his time RB covering the donket diouf

I think zouma can be good because he was at Chelsea when he come through, just needs a partner who works well with him so zouma can stick to his own game not run round after others, because he hasn't been great to be fair

I think big mick might just win us all over and become a stawart..

unless our next manager bins him off to Barnsley or the like!

Sell all the centrebacks and buy 4 new ones. Or promote one youngster and buy 3. I'd not miss any of them, although can understand keeping Mina to see what he's got.

Non of them have particularly covered themselves in glory this season, but Pickford is part of the problem too.

An erratic goal keeper and a twitchy central defence is not a good combination, as we witness week in and week out.

One or bother needs a complete overhaul or very intense drilling, until it all becomes second nature.

Non of them have particularly covered themselves in glory this season, but Pickford is part of the problem too.

An erratic goal keeper and a twitchy central defence is not a good combination, as we witness week in and week out.

One or bother needs a complete overhaul or very intense drilling, until it all becomes second nature.

i agree but i didnt need to hear about intensely drilling him until its second nature

so? he was mostly played right back, he is the furthest thing from a RB I've ever seen

also Gueye got relegated, shaqiri got relegated, Robertson got relegated etc etc

edit- im not saying zouma is boss btw because he;s not, but when your main job is to cover for keane and his lack of his pace it kind of distracts you from doing your own job I suppose

I like Zooms, but hes constantly going AWOL, its like he just goes for a stroll in the middle of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.