New Everton Stadium Discussion

not a crap one. like we presently are.

also depends what the stadium is like too.

the first thing the new owners would probly want to do is expand the capacity to at least 62,000 so that we are on par with the big teams in the league

Man city were not so clever before takeover and they were lucky in that a stadium was handed to them on a plate.

Add in increased supporter spend of 400 a season , ( say 200 profit ) that’s 10 m a year
Add a 20m a year naming rights , that’s up to 35 m a year
Sky/BT will show more games as it’s a modern stadium with top class broadcasting facilities and that’s another couple of million
It all adds up
This scheme wasn’t costed on the back of a cigarette packet
Moshiri might not know a lot about football but he knows about money

Think the £20m pa Naming Rights might be a touch ambitious. Even Spurs are targeting that as the top end of expectations for their new stadium and that will also be pretty much home to an NFL team.

Looking at this - http://stadiumdb.com/news/2018/02/england_how_much_are_premier_league_naming_rights_worth

I reckon double the Goodison value but not much more than that. £5m pa would be my guesstimate.

Think the £20m pa Naming Rights might be a touch ambitious. Even Spurs are targeting that as the top end of expectations for their new stadium and that will also be pretty much home to an NFL team.

Looking at this - http://stadiumdb.com/news/2018/02/england_how_much_are_premier_league_naming_rights_worth

I reckon double the Goodison value but not much more than that. £5m pa would be my guesstimate.
I think sum were hoping for 500m off USM for naming rights!

Do you think USM is looking over his shoulder and thinking money to be made?
Well Usmanov stepson does own a major property development company in Moscow
Corestate bought a share of the Liver building in their first move into the British property market
Who knows , none of us do to be fair
All just guesswork and speculation with no concrete evidence to rule anything in or out

One of the major reasons for the rotation of the site being as it will be is down to broadcasting. a new stadium wil allow a higher level of broadcast, even due to simple changes like gantry positions and accessibility etc. then you can look at the other factors, like emerging technologies and capacity availalble for their implementation. It may not make them turn up more, but it will make our ground more favourable when in consideration for other events.
Have you seen the gantries at Selhurst Park and Fulham’s ground
I have and they are crap
The ground and the facilities will be built with broadcasting in mind

I’m sure Moshiri and his boss will have first refusal at normal market price for the prime sites on the docks.
Peel will know the stadium is key to the whole development and will do whatever they can to smooth the way for Moshiri and his boss
Just look at London or Dublin docks to see what can be achieved

Are you seriously suggesting that the development is pretty much a license to print money but only if we build a Stadium there. Developing brownfield sites is a very costly and risky proposition. Trying to link BMD to the London docklands is crazy. Liverpool already has dockland developments and properties sell for a fraction of London prices. There is also a danger that with the developments already in motion that the City could reach saturation point.

Add in increased supporter spend of 400 a season , ( say 200 profit ) that’s 10 m a year
Add a 20m a year naming rights , that’s up to 35 m a year
Sky/BT will show more games as it’s a modern stadium with top class broadcasting facilities and that’s another couple of million
It all adds up
This scheme wasn’t costed on the back of a cigarette packet
Moshiri might not know a lot about football but he knows about money

That is quite a leap to say that our supporters are going to spend an extra £20 each per game. Liverpool is one of the most deprived areas with poor wages and high unemployment. One of the best things about our support is the large number of families who go the game. Sorry but I find it hard to believe that a family of four is going to be able to cough up an extra £80 a game.

I would love to know the logic behind plucking £20m a year for naming rights from and that is without even contemplating the effect that would have on other sponsorships.

Sky/BT are contracted to show each team a minimum number of times. The other games are chosen by them. Their business model is based around viewing figures so they are going to want to show the teams that are competing for titles. What the broadcasting facilities are like is going to come way down the list. If you look at the likes of Arsenal or Spurs who have built similar Stadiums then the cost of the Stadium and the impact on finances has seen them being unable to invest in their playing squad. Unfortunately that means we are less likely to appear on TV.

As for costing the project it is quite clear that the project keeps getting delayed because financing it is a huge problem. The numbers simply don't add up as evidenced by the downsizing of both the size and grandeur of the scheme. To be blunt the only costings on the back of a cigarette packet seem to be yours.

Well Usmanov stepson does own a major property development company in Moscow
Corestate bought a share of the Liver building in their first move into the British property market
Who knows , none of us do to be fair
All just guesswork and speculation with no concrete evidence to rule anything in or out

If it is all guesswork and speculation then why do you try to link Usmanov who owns no part of us with pretty much every post you make on the Stadium. You even went further earlier on and linked us with none existent Arab investors who would seemingly be falling over themselves to buy us if we build a Stadium.

Have you seen the gantries at Selhurst Park and Fulham’s ground
I have and they are crap
The ground and the facilities will be built with broadcasting in mind

I hate to break it you but the cameras point at what is happening on the pitch and not at the gantries. There are 4 English teams in the quarters of the CL plus Chelsea and Arsenal are in the Europa they are far more attractive propositions than televising us. If your proposition was remotely true then West Ham would be on telly every week because they play in a Stadium that was built to broadcast the Olympics.

Our number one priority at the moment has to be to improve on the pitch, to get back to competing for trophies and stop this weird fascination with a waterfront Stadium as if it is a golden ticket that solves all our problems. Take a look at how Sunderland and Boro did after going down the route of a waterfront Stadium.

I wonder if the stadium will be 'dropped' into the dock or if it will be ground level. All this talk of it growing from the dock makes me think the former.

I wonder if the stadium will be 'dropped' into the dock or if it will be ground level. All this talk of it growing from the dock makes me think the former.

I wondered about that when we had that picture of it. It looked like the pitch was below sea level, but could have been an optical illusion, or the picture wasnt even of our new place!