• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime, a healthy string of clean sheet and healthy amount of goals will earn lots of patience in the Long run. We don’t need one more season to find out, if this continue till October we still have time to act and save our season, but it will be hard to find anyone decent in October. If there is serious doubt, best time to act is end of May.

Turn the draws to wins against the bottom 13 at home. Turn defeats to draws against the bottom 13 at home.

Then he’ll be fine.

Sometime, a healthy string of clean sheet and healthy amount of goals will earn lots of patience in the Long run. We don’t need one more season to find out, if this continue till October we still have time to act and save our season, but it will be hard to find anyone decent in October. If there is serious doubt, best time to act is end of May.

Okay, and who do we get next and how long will you give that manager if not doing well?

Turn the draws to wins against the bottom 13 at home. Turn defeats to draws against the bottom 13 at home.

Then he’ll be fine.

I’m not that greedy, I’m hoping to see a 50% reduction from set piece goals and we will probably be 5 to 10 points better than we are now.

Okay, and who do we get next and how long will you give that manager if not doing well?

You mean who should we get next? No preference mate, as long as we employ a counter attacking manager and he stick to this game plan we will be fine, and not forgetting having decent defensive knowledge to compliment it.

It’s very hard to determine a time frame mate, every manager goes through bad spell, it’s the ability to recover from the spell that determines his worth. I can live with 5 to 7 games winless and follow a string of wins and a decent unbeaten run. A bad run that stretches months is definitely valid reason to have doubts. He can experiment all he wants next season but we simply cannot repeat this run at the start of next season.

Just realised, deadline day for ensuring your seat S/T wise is the end of this month....in view of the uncertainty about Silva's ability to manage and improve us, does anyone think some fans won't bother renewing or are the majority prepared to stick with him? Our last 9 games do not encourage optimism unless he can improve the fragility of the team's mental attitude as evidenced on Sat. The next window is absolutely crucial not just for Silva, but for the club as a whole......getting it wrong is not an option imo

Just realised, deadline day for ensuring your seat S/T wise is the end of this month....in view of the uncertainty about Silva's ability to manage and improve us, does anyone think some fans won't bother renewing or are the majority prepared to stick with him? Our last 9 games do not encourage optimism unless he can improve the fragility of the team's mental attitude as evidenced on Sat. The next window is absolutely crucial not just for Silva, but for the club as a whole......getting it wrong is not an option imo

Nah. We always get full houses. No matter what.

I would personally let Brands decide in the summer I think. I don't want Silva to stay, but if he does and thinks that's the best way forward, then we need to go with that. I suspect he isn't a fan but has no ultimate say though.

Inappropriate Language
He won more points, he conceded less goals. He did not lose to average PL sides at home. I guess you enjoy getting destroyed by West Ham, Leicester and Wolves then? Or you could endure getting draw to Huddersfield, Newcastle and Watford at GP? Clap clap clap anyway.

How on earth Silva is better than BFS at this stage? Middle finger to a certain style of play. Results is the only thing that matters.

And matches are boardcasted throughout the global live nowadays so it is not hard to figure out which manager got better results at GP.
Results in the long term is the hope. Not certain dross season after season with the Trump supporting overpaid fat [Poor language removed]

He won more points, he conceded less goals. He did not lose to average PL sides at home. I guess you enjoy getting destroyed by West Ham, Leicester and Wolves then? Or you could endure getting draw to Huddersfield, Newcastle and Watford at GP? Clap clap clap anyway.

How on earth Silva is better than BFS at this stage? Middle finger to a certain style of play. Results is the only thing that matters.

And matches are boardcasted throughout the global live nowadays so it is not hard to figure out which manager got better results at GP.

Results is the only thing that matters. Maybe for you, but not for me.
“Clap, clap, clap”? WTF is that about?

Results are the only thing that matter to YOU. Please try to remember that many fans have a love of the beautiful game as it is known and don't want to watch % football every week.

The last manager achieved very little and was not wanted and was booted out. Thank god.

The current manager is doing badly but was hired with long term in mind. It is harder to try to play football with a crap squad and new signings as I have said to you before. A harder task than parking the bus. So on that basis, with a harder task, he is 12pts off our points total of last season. If he gets to that point or close to it I think it's an average season but understandable given the mess we have been in for a while. Not good but understandable.

If you want immediate success with every manager that comes in you are going to be disappointed most of the time. He cannot change the way we play and they way Brands wants us playing for the coming seasons if he is just going to throw everything out the window and park the bus to get a few more results and points to keep some angry fans happy for now. That's short term thinking that has us in this mess.

I believe he will finish top 10 and I said at the start of the season I'd take that whilst he changes things, but next season it obviously has to look much better than this. As with his own players fully bedded in and hopefully more crap sold and more decent signings and an actual striker signed then obviously his task gets easier and more should be demanded.

At most....we let him go in the summer if we have another decent progressive manager lined up. The shouts for Jose Mancini or Conte are terrible as people are just not thinking when they call for them. Those managers demand top signings of the kind we will not be making for a few seasons at least. Those managers or old dinosaurs types like the last guy or Moyes are not what we need. If we boot out Silva it will be somebody from the same pool of promising but not quite proven managers, and I hope we choose wisely whether at end of this season or end of next season if Silva hasn't done the job.

Where's your long term thinking here? We are hamstrung by the signings and the wage bill left us by Koeman and Walsh, so people screaming for him to be sacked should be taking that into account and advise us what the plan is here? If our options for manager are all going to be some kind of gamble due to the situation we are in, are you going to look for all of them to be sacked if things don't go well right away?

Great post but you’re wasting your time with that fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.