• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost unforgiveable for a professional team, one with aspirations to play European football, to lose a game after dominating and going two up against a relegation candidate.

He's not improved a single thing, He's not made any progression, He's not left any beacon of light for fans to cling onto next season, This guy has gotten off with losing to Milwall, Getting smacked around by Wolves at Goodison and chucking at 2-0 lead against Newcastle.
You cannot give a single defense for Silva without mentioning Pickford or "not his players despite 6 of them being Silva/brand players"
I don't wanna keep swapping managers but the guy was a gamble and it's failed miserably.
You see what you want to see. I'm saying that the DoF who is the only person who matters here on Silva, will see it a much different way and has said so already.

Plenty of people saying he can’t be blamed for the Newcastle result, much like he can’t be blamed for set pieces because our defenders are apparently so crap. Do people not see a trend with him? He’s repeating mistakes at Everton that he’s made everywhere he has been.

People were saying he was a “great young coach” before he got here. Well no one is saying that now. We made a massive mistake appointing this bloke because now (once again) we’re standing still whilst these apparent “lesser” clubs are using the TV money wisely and getting their act together, let alone annoying a fanbase that is already at boiling point.

Dave,I largely agree with you on this one,and there are still many areas were improvement is needed. It is churlish for posters to say that we have not improved, because some areas are infinitely better. Before Brands/Silva we did not have anyone who could light up a game like Bernard, or show such class as Gomes or Digne. There is still,however, a long way to go.I don't think some people realise how deep the mess left by Koeman actually was. Part of Big Sams brief was no doubt to avoid relegation, but he also re focused some players who had simply lost direction, and therefore desire. Sam got back the art of disciplined performance, and players once again knew what their particular job was.This is why his limited ambition was achieved, despite carrying a number of substandard players.(Cuco, and others). Silva/Brands have a long way to go, and it will be well in to next season before we know whether they are going to develop their /Moshiris project along the right lines.
This is key.

We have figuratively stepped out of the bunker and face a massive reconstruction programme. Top 10 for a couple of seasons and build a more determined younger team is the schedule. I see a lot of progress on that. It needs time and patience. Certain blow hard fans haven't got that, but the DoF has.

This is key.

We have figuratively stepped out of the bunker and face a massive reconstruction programme. Top 10 for a couple of seasons and build a more determined younger team is the schedule. I see a lot of progress on that. It needs time and patience. Certain blow hard fans haven't got that, but the DoF has.

Does this mean you've turned the corner on Brands?

I think Marco is getting at least one more transfer window, and I think he and Brands are on the same page with what they need to get, so I'd wait to see what happens there to be honest

This summer window is going to be a massacre though I feel. Players getting sold for buttons or even getting released just to get them off the wage bill

I can genuinely see us buying out a bunch of the players who we can't sell. It's going to be a mass bloodletting and Mr. Moshiri is going to foot the bill

We just can't sell some of these players, they're on far too much. Either we need to let them go for buttons so clubs can justify paying the wages they want, or we'll just have to cut them adrift

Brands and Silva both have a nightmare job on their hands once the window opens

Does this mean you've turned the corner on Brands?
I now come to realise that his actual KEY duty is to withstand pressures inside and outside the boardroom to deflect away from his plan of action. That plan of action seems clear (even if he struggles to get it done...as per the loans not sales of players).

People say that Moshiri will be judged on a stadium being built. Well Brands will be judged by how robust he is at standing up to calls for convenient and quick changes to the coaching staff and ensuring there's some consistency and continuity - that has a lot to do with securing a coach who's carrying out his plans regarding team progression in the short-to-medium term.

That's how I'll judge him.

I now come to realise that his actual KEY duty is to withstand pressures inside and outside the boardroom to deflect away from his plan of action. That plan of action seems clear (even if he struggles to get it done...as per the loans not sales of players).

People say that Moshiri will be judged on a stadium being built. Well Brands will be judged by how robust he is at standing up to calls for convenient and quick changes and ensuring there's some consistency and continuity - that has a lot to do with securing a coach who's carrying out his plans regarding team progression in the short-to-medium-to-long term.

That's how I'll judge him.

So basically you're laying the table to go into Hyper Brands Bashing should Marco get the sack?

Interesting play. I reckon you'll farm plenty of fume with it

Status
Not open for further replies.