• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically you're laying the table to go into Hyper Brands Bashing should Marco get the sack?

Interesting play. I reckon you'll farm plenty of fume with it
Well wouldn't it warrant it if he did that after saying the opposite a few weeks ago?

In any case, I dont think he will. I think he's less liable to piss his kecks and demand a change than some supporters.

Not really though Dave, i get what your saying but sadly the person who matters is the carpetbagger. If he is not happy with Brands or Silva he will just get rid of both. He has already stated he thinks we should be performing better and he thought we should have won the derby. The only saving grace for Silva is that i doubt that he will get the boot just from the point of view that the carpetbagger will make himself look very very silly if he does.

Brands defo is the only voice to listen to on football matters. The Iranian can talk all day long, Brands is not beholden to him, it's the other way around. Can you imagine if Moshiri went against Brands wish to keep Silva? Who'd come out worse in that scenario? I doubt Brands would sit back and accept it, despite all the ribbings about him being on the board of directors he's had (including from me), he'd walk...and into a better job no doubt...and Moshiri would be left to explain it.

I was not overawed with the Silva signing, but the one area I was happy with was that he would improve the quality of football.
I was happy to see top 10 finishes as long as I could see visible improvement on the pitch.
Sadly I haven’t seen any real improvement if anything it could be deemed as a decline in standards,
The latest debacle shows how fragile the players are, and how inexperienced the manager is to deal with any downturns
My problem now is I am 4 years off 60 and my days of being patient have gone. I want progression each season and I want to be competitive in Cup games and challenging the top 6 at a shot of a CL place

I really don’t see progression under Silva, and sadly not sure if I am prepared to back another season under his tenure.....
Football improvement and continued failure of players' nerves are two different matters.

I think Marco is getting at least one more transfer window, and I think he and Brands are on the same page with what they need to get, so I'd wait to see what happens there to be honest
This summer window is going to be a massacre though I feel. Players getting sold for buttons or even getting released just to get them off the wage bill
I can genuinely see us buying out a bunch of the players who we can't sell. It's going to be a mass bloodletting and Mr. Moshiri is going to foot the bill
We just can't sell some of these players, they're on far too much. Either we need to let them go for buttons so clubs can justify paying the wages they want, or we'll just have to cut them adrift
Brands and Silva both have a nightmare job on their hands once the window opens

See this is what worries me, i still think he might, ok he shouldnt but i would like to think the club are looking at managers now, they might be finding targets dont want to get involved with this mess, so we might actually be stuck with him unless we go for another pintless loser.

Dave this is your true colours. You can endure 10th for a couple of seasons. Why would a crap team stay crap for a couple of seasons and it turns good all of a sudden? This makes zero sense.
Because we're not going to be spending as before.

Like it or lump it: we are now into a different era. Top 5/6 is NOT on the agenda as an ambition even. This club will budget for top half. Any manager (as per Moyes in the past) who ensures that will be here as long as they want.

Brands defo is the only voice to listen to on football matters. The Iranian can talk all day long, Brands is not beholden to him, it's the other way around. Can you imagine if Moshiri went against Brands wish to keep Silva? Who'd come out worse in that scenario? I doubt Brands would sit back and accept it, despite all the ribbings about him being on the board of directors he's had (including from me), he'd walk...and into a better job no doubt...and Moshiri would be left to explain it.
I don't follow.. Are you now in the brands IN camp?

Because we're not going to be spending as before.

Like it or lump it: we are now into a different era. Top 5/6 is NOT on the agenda as an ambition even. This club will budget for top half. Any manager (as per Moyes in the past) who ensures that will be here as long as they want.

I don’t think 7th = 17th or 5th = 15th like what you believe in.

To get 5th or 6th is far superior to finish at 11th etc.

Getting 7th means EL and has proved you have the best team outside top 6 and that is a platform to build from.

10th for a couple of seasons are pathetic.

The football over last season definitely is better

The mentality of the players is just woefully inconsistent

Not all of that is Marco's fault, but at the end of the day he's the manager and must carry his share of responsibility

Motivating the players is part of his job as much as coming up with good tactics is

It'd be like letting off a resteraunt for serving you undercooked chicken because the house white was delicious and reasonably priced

You might have a couple of pleasant glasses, but you're still waking up with salmonella

Status
Not open for further replies.