2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a red for the penalty. A routine cross dropped and to salvage it, he rugby tackles Romdon. Should have gone for that, same as when he took Ali out when offside against Spurs....offside or not the lunge on the lad was bang out of order. A battle of egos that one I think because Ali knew he was off yet wanted to slot into the net as a statement. Had he been done at the time or after review it’d been hard to argue.

He’s got the Joe Hart’s hasn’t he? Bellowing at everyone in front of him yet lacking the consistency to do the basics. His confidence outweighs his ability. Dodgepot. Southgate has to drop him, that’ll do Silvas job for him. Talking of dropping for Everton isn’t the way forward....only because there is no real competition. No way this lad gets 50 England Caps and the way he is going won’t do 50 clean sheets for us either regardless how long his contract is.

The lad cost us today.

Blame Silva for whatever, but he's gave away a penalty due to a spilled catch, and reckless foul (which should have been red) and then he's let two shots go under his body for goals, and spilled one of them to concede it.

The lad needs to put his pantomime show to one side, and focus on what he's paid to do, play Football.

It was a red for the penalty. A routine cross dropped and to salvage it, he rugby tackles Romdon. Should have gone for that, same as when he took Ali out when offside against Spurs....offside or not the lunge on the lad was bang out of order. A battle of egos that one I think because Ali knew he was off yet wanted to slot into the net as a statement. Had he been done at the time or after review it’d been hard to argue.

He’s got the Joe Hart’s hasn’t he? Bellowing at everyone in front of him yet lacking the consistency to do the basics. His confidence outweighs his ability. Dodgepot. Southgate has to drop him, that’ll do Silvas job for him. Talking of dropping for Everton isn’t the way forward....only because there is no real competition. No way this lad gets 50 England Caps and the way he is going won’t do 50 clean sheets for us either regardless how long his contract is.
He's just hard faced. A GK who cant relly believe his luck he's in the PL and has the England shirt.

Itls the ultimate example of presentation over content.

He's just poor. I dont even think that's up for serious debate anymore. The only debate is how quickly we replace/sell him. We KNOW he'll do this time and time and time again. There's no chance of a character like him ironing things out with age. He's a man-child who'll never be any different than he is now.

Or is it his attitude that Stek is nowhere near good enough to replace him as he is Englands no 1 ?
bad attitude bad keeping today the Portuguese lad in the under 23 should start and drop Pickford our of the squad for a week to wake him up maybe?
I’d play the Portuguese lad

When, exactly when, will Pickford learn to catch/stop a ball and actually hold onto it. This is his biggest failing, the ball always comes back out. It’s not enough to stop a ball, hold on to the bloody thing.......

He’s England’s number 1
He has become too full of himself
Concentrate on football not the glitzy life
Get back to basics Jordan
And learn how to come for a cross and catch it
And you will be a great keeper

Exactly. He needs a break before he’s destroyed.

He’s over confident.

Or he’s overcompensating for an underlying lack of confidence ?

Either way I can see him getting the boot for Heaton for the next Ingerland game.

Shame we haven’t got an able replacement too.

Status
Not open for further replies.