2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
And its also where he fits in with us, for me hes a number 10 and ideally we need to move on from 4231, I do like the look of Wilders sexy 3412 above tho.
Has played everywhere across midfield and played in a 433 with England u21s where he has played well, think that will be his position with us personally but also able to move further forward

I think he can develop into a de bruyne type midfielder with the right coaching

That would be amazing. I really hope we have that kind of vision and coaching ability now. If it doesn't work out, fine, but at least we should be telling our young players what they should aim for :
e.g. DCL - Kane or Aguero (CALM DOWN I KNOW HE'S NOT THAT GOOD. I'm talking about role models and watching videos etc)
e.g. Kenny to follow Coleman, Davies.....

This is a rubbish set up.
4-2-3-1 is so often like a 4-5-1 but it's meant to be like a 4-3-3 I think.
It looks like there are no young players who actually want to play as wingers nowadays, so maybe managers are forced into a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 but the first manager to go back to a classic 4-4-2 with proper wingers and 2 midfielders and attackers that complement each other - and make it work will be hailed a tactical genius.

4-2-3-1 is so often like a 4-5-1 but it's meant to be like a 4-3-3 I think.
It looks like there are no young players who actually want to play as wingers nowadays, so maybe managers are forced into a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 but the first manager to go back to a classic 4-4-2 with proper wingers and 2 midfielders and attackers that complement each other - and make it work will be hailed a tactical genius.
Liverpool U23s 0-2 Everton U23s the other night, Unsworth played 4-4-2 , an out an out winger on the right, a decent player ( at this level ) on the left who scored the2 goals. All depended on an organised defence and two hard working midfielders who could tackle. Dowell is not an out an out winger though, nor a hard working defence minded midfielder, for me his best games on loan have been when he’s played in the middle .

Status
Not open for further replies.