Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Know it’s been said already, but the atmosphere today was the best it’s been for ages. Before a ball was kicked everyone was singing and well up for it.

Also, that siren they played before z cars was ace.

Goodison proper rocking today.
That's because they always get a 1215 kick off v us

A bit disappointed we could not find that final bit of quality to add to the effort and spirit but that was so much better. They looked like they knew what it means to pull on the royal blue jersey. Silva did well, the players very well and the crowd was excellent! I thought Bernard was our best player but special shout out to Michael Keane and the defence including Pickford.

Better performance today from Everton think two week rest did us a power of good
Sigurdsson should have taken that free kick on the edge of the box

It makes a nice change having to think about MOTM - there were quite a few really good, solid performances today. For me I thought the defence played well & it's between Digne (who kept Salah quiet for most of the match) and Keane, but went for Keane in the end.
Goodison was the bear pit it used to be and it felt and sounded great - RS fans completely drowned out.
As for Liverpool players laughing cos we're celebrating a 0-0 - you've got it wrong lads, we're celebrating cos you didn't win and you're no longer top of the league because of us. COYB!
Think I watched a different game to the media. Firstly Liverpool gained a point from the home team, not the other way around. Secondly Liverpool shaded the first half but us the second. The longer it went the better we got. They said Everton would fade and failed to mention it was Liverpool who did.
A draw was a fair result. They are probably one of the best 6-8 teams in Europe so it shows what we are capable of with the right attitude.

Overall, very pleased with the match. We went toe-to-toe with them, didnt allow many chances, and both the atmosphere and effort were top notch. Lacked a little quality, but so nice to both get a draw on even footing and dent their title hopes. If we played with both that intensity, and backing, every match we would be on 60 points.

Delighted to have kept them off the top.

Wasn't much quality on display, but the majority of the Everton players put a shift in.

Status
Not open for further replies.