Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I count 6. Regardless unless Bernard starts popping in goals for fun and setting up people regularly the rest of the way, he has been a disappointment this season. I hope it's a case of needing a year to settle and he comes back stronger next season but 0 goals 3 assists from a league campaign isn't going to do it. If he keeps at this rate he probably finishes the year at something like a goal or two and maybe 6 assists. Still not cutting it considering the amount of time he has played.

Christ, imagine the amount of guff Pienaar would have got on here back in the day from people using his WhoScored page to determine how good he was, because he hardly ever scored or assisted.

Bernard is quite clearly one of our most gifted natural footballers, and needs longer than 6 months experience in the league and about 10 starts to get used to the physicality. I’ll be quite happy to judge him next season, but you giving him 6 months to have his stats up to an acceptable number for you just sums up the modern fan imo.

We cannot keep adding to this squad, without shifting players out first.

We have spent 18 months trying to shift " the deadwood " out, without a great deal of success.

Williams, Bolasie, Niasse, Sandro, Martina, Besic, Vlasic, Miralles are only out on loan.

The names of the ones we need to jettison are the same we were all talking about this time last year, add to that list Steck, Schniederlin, McCarthy Tosun and Walcott.

That's 13 players ( off the top of my head) that we need off the payroll before we start adding to it.

Anybody expecting another summer of big name, big wage signings , IMO, is going to be very disappointed.

Right.. Walcott, Bernard and Lookman are clearly so much better. lets see how many of them knock in a hat-trick at Cardiff.
Ha ha, have a word with yourself
I’m not saying they are good enough, Walcott definitely isn’t and should be sold, jury out on the other two

But Geri is the new mirallas, turns up every now and again. Prior to last night had 4 goals. In 26 games for Watford.
He’s had 4 teams in 2years, that tells you all you need to know.

Ha ha, have a word with yourself
I’m not saying they are good enough, Walcott definitely isn’t and should be sold, jury out on the other two

But Geri is the new mirallas, turns up every now and again. Prior to last night had 4 goals. In 26 games for Watford.
He’s had 4 teams in 2years, that tells you all you need to know.

We've had 4 managers in 2 years.

Christ, imagine the amount of guff Pienaar would have got on here back in the day from people using his WhoScored page to determine how good he was, because he hardly ever scored or assisted.

Bernard is quite clearly one of our most gifted natural footballers, and needs longer than 6 months experience in the league and about 10 starts to get used to the physicality. I’ll be quite happy to judge him next season, but you giving him 6 months to have his stats up to an acceptable number for you just sums up the modern fan imo.

It's not the stats, it's individuals chosing the wrong stats. We lack individuals that can make a killer pass, take some initiative, and not give up the ball and hand the opposition a counter every time they try anything. One can show statistically he does those things.

Again, people need to watch the games, but the stats confirm what most of us are seeing, that he's pretty effective.

If this means I have an opinion about players on a season by season basis then sure. Bernard may still come good but he and the rest of the creative players have been as much the problem as set piece defense the last few months.

If this means I have an opinion about players on a season by season basis then sure. Bernard may still come good but he and the rest of the creative players have been as much the problem as set piece defense the last few months.

I agree they’ve been a problem, and I include Sigurdsson in that. But then people point to WhoScored and say “nah he can’t be a problem, look at this data”.

I agree they’ve been a problem, and I include Sigurdsson in that. But then people point to WhoScored and say “nah he can’t be a problem, look at this data”.
To be fair to Sigurdsson he has put the ball in the net an acceptable amount but his unwillingness to get involved is Ozil like at times and just not really good enough I'm afraid

Given we normally take Barcelona's poor players that they no longer have any use for, I think we can all look forward to welcoming Coutinho on loan in the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.