• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

And? Baines is on loads.

Im honestly not sure on your point mate, you suggested his wages would be massive due to him playing for PSG, I pointed out that they wont be that excessive due to him coming from a crap League prior to joining PSG. You then said we wouldnt have "free" wages, I then pointed out that we could probably pay him "The Baines money".

Im very aware that we cant sign any players till we sell loads, if thats your point, I agree and we certainly are not currently able to sign anybody, no matter what wages they are on.

Im honestly not sure on your point mate, you suggested his wages would be massive due to him playing for PSG, I pointed out that they wont be that excessive due to him coming from a crap League prior to joining PSG. You then said we wouldnt have "free" wages, I then pointed out that we could probably pay him "The Baines money".

Im very aware that we cant sign any players till we sell loads, if thats your point, I agree and we certainly are not currently able to sign anybody, no matter what wages they are on.

My original point was that at the AGM it was correctly stated we should go down the high fee / low wage route.

That is not a right-back from PSG no matter what he gets competitively to the rest of their squad.

So the players scoring are the issue. Interesting
I think that most people are agreed that Sigurdsson's role in the team leaves the rest in a lurch, in possession he doesn't contribute enough to build up, his movement is poor, he very rarely comes deep or makes space to pick up the ball and defensively he is too often too far forward to contribute. When he's on the pitch we become much more vulnerable to counter attacks and when we have possession his lack of movement (especially compared to most number 10s) makes it harder for teammates to play a simple ball into his feet. When he does receive the ball his first touch can be hit and miss and he very rarely can beat a man 1 v 1.

His goalscoring instincts and finishing are better than most, he can spot a pass and he has a great shot on him but he is definitely one of the many issues of our all-round game.

Status
Not open for further replies.