Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Indeed.

And I think that is because the penny has finally dropped for people who remember old Everton.

When we had those fallow periods in the past the club was regarded by the wider football world as a “sleeping giant” that would soon awaken and flex its muscles.

And the fans all knew this to be true.

Even when we missed the gravy train when Sky/EPL changed football we still believed, during the Moyes and esrly Martinez eras, that we were not far off on the pitch.

Because we weren’t.

And we fervently believed we were just a billionaire owner away from seeing the sleeping giant on the rampage again,

Alas we find ourselves three years into the new era with said billionaire owner and lo and behold, we find we are merely a pygmy as the giants who aren’t sleeping move further and further away from us.

I think there is now a collective belief in Evertonia that the gap has become unbridgeable and that is why you are feeling so bad :(

I know that us why I am.
Yes I too am completely disillusioned with Everton

Indeed.

And I think that is because the penny has finally dropped for people who remember old Everton.

When we had those fallow periods in the past the club was regarded by the wider football world as a “sleeping giant” that would soon awaken and flex its muscles.

And the fans all knew this to be true.

Even when we missed the gravy train when Sky/EPL changed football we still believed, during the Moyes and esrly Martinez eras, that we were not far off on the pitch.

Because we weren’t.

And we fervently believed we were just a billionaire owner away from seeing the sleeping giant on the rampage again,

Alas we find ourselves three years into the new era with said billionaire owner and lo and behold, we find we are merely a pygmy as the giants who aren’t sleeping move further and further away from us.

I think there is now a collective belief in Evertonia that the gap has become unbridgeable and that is why you are feeling so bad :(

I know that us why I am.
Perhaps we are just realising that our ‘sleeping giant’ actually died 30 years ago and the smell wasn’t next doors drains.
We don’t need a manager we need a sodding necromancer.

Indeed.

We are relying on Brands bucking the trend and actually being a smart Moshiri appointment.

The precedents are not encouraging.....Koeman, Walsh, Sam, Silva.

Let’s hope Marcel is indeed capable of ending this streak :)

To be fair Koeman was considered to be the biggest name manager we could get at the time. It looked quite good for the first season as well. Walsh had assembled a good team which won the league. Big Sam was panic, due to the way we were playing at the time. As for Silva we can only hope that this is just teething troubles in his first season. I think he'll go at the end of the season though.

To be fair Koeman was considered to be the biggest name manager we could get at the time. It looked quite good for the first season as well. Walsh had assembled a good team which won the league. Big Sam was panic, due to the way we were playing at the time. As for Silva we can only hope that this is just teething troubles in his first season. I think he'll go at the end of the season though.

If I am honest with you, I don’t think Koeman was a “big name” in managerial terms.

Hus record before he came here was no better than average and the reaction ro hus appointment was greeted wuth a great deal of meh by many round these parts.

He as a big name in one regard though.....for his playing career.

And his first season wasn’t all that good either.

After a solid start in the first six games we were sat in second place.......then endured a three month slump from the middle of September when we could barely buy a win.

We won at Palace in early January and that was his last away win at EFC.

No sir, the writing was on the wall for Koeman during that first season.

If I am honest with you, I don’t think Koeman was a “big name” in managerial terms.

Hus record before he came here was no better than average and the reaction ro hus appointment was greeted wuth a great deal of meh by many round these parts.

After a solid start in the first six games we were sat in second place.......then endured a three month slump from the middle of September when we could barely buy a win.

That poor run started when we got knocked out the league cup by Norwich.

Good point

Loads on here were proper excited with Koeman, just have to read the first few pages of the original thread to see it.

I said you would all turn on him, and i was correct.