Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
We have had worse squads , worse owners , worse league form , worse Cup runs , worse efforts ..... and yet I don't think I've ever felt worse about Everton !?

Indeed.

And I think that is because the penny has finally dropped for people who remember old Everton.

When we had those fallow periods in the past the club was regarded by the wider football world as a “sleeping giant” that would soon awaken and flex its muscles.

And the fans all knew this to be true.

Even when we missed the gravy train when Sky/EPL changed football we still believed, during the Moyes and esrly Martinez eras, that we were not far off on the pitch.

Because we weren’t.

And we fervently believed we were just a billionaire owner away from seeing the sleeping giant on the rampage again,

Alas we find ourselves three years into the new era with said billionaire owner and lo and behold, we find we are merely a pygmy as the giants who aren’t sleeping move further and further away from us.

I think there is now a collective belief in Evertonia that the gap has become unbridgeable and that is why you are feeling so bad :(

I know that us why I am.

Imagine the embarassment for this bulb head if Wolves and Watford either:

A. One won the FA Cup and the other finished 7th

Or

B. One of them won the FA Cup AND finished 7th.

What would that say of this so called project near 3 years in when one side was in the fizzy pop league last season with astute owners and the other a club we stole our manager from?

Wolves have been prepping for this over two or three seasons, billionaire owners with a super agent ensuring players who should be in Europe's top leagues joined a first division team.

Good evening Mein GoodEveningJimsGoatFrandel

Farhadhischanceandblewit Moshiri is not popular at the moment is he? I do wonder if he ever will be again. What do we make of rumours of Mr Usmanov's step son coming in, doesn't strike me as much of a football man, he seems to wear very odd sunglasses

Good Eve VanFrandelinOrly.

Its certainly not "gone as planned" thats for damn sure, im not sure, it makes sense I suppose, but he is certainly not a football man, but neither was Daniel Levy at 1 time. Thats all I got really.

I know this is an odd thing to say about a very successful businessman but he strikes me as being rather uncomfortable and awkward in communicating. There are plenty of examples of successful people having a focussed determination to succeed allied with a tireless work ethic but poor “soft skills” such as inter-personal communication. He seems happier blending into the background or standing unmovingly and voicelessly in the darkest areas of the shadows of the more assertive peers that he seems to like to be surrounded by.

I question his willingness and confidence to manage individuals who are assertive and might challenge his authority. I think he’d much prefer working with more passive characters like RK, Silva and Brands (I’ve seen no evidence yet from him to suggest he doesn’t belong in this category). This would also explain his reluctance to engage directly with the fans and use a mouthpiece (White) instead - which is bizarre behaviour for a club owner. It would also explain the ham-fisted way he hired and then got rid of BFS. Mosh bent over all the way to BFS’s demands for a longer contract because he couldn’t play poker with him and clearly conveyed his desperation to get the manager in to save his club. Then couldn’t even have it out with him face to face to tell him he wasn’t good enough to stay at the club, and instead excused his actions by hiding behind a pathetic excuse of a fans’ survey.

Doesn’t bode well if there’s anything in this theory. I can’t see him hiring the strong leaders we need to really take the club forward.
He hired brands and had him elected to the board
That’s a strong leader imho and a decision based on knowing his own weaknesses

This argument validates your point only if you accept as truth the assumption that Brands is a strong leader with excellent communication skills. For me, I’ve yet to see evidence of this and that was my point.

Indeed.

We are relying on Brands bucking the trend and actually being a smart Moshiri appointment.

The precedents are not encouraging.....Koeman, Walsh, Sam, Silva.

Let’s hope Marcel is indeed capable of ending this streak :)

We have had worse squads , worse owners , worse league form , worse Cup runs , worse efforts ..... and yet I don't think I've ever felt worse about Everton !?

It's mad isn't it?

I think it was because we've been skint for so long that we always believed if we got money we could compete with the top clubs. It was a crutch and it also gave us hope of what might be. Since we got the money it's been one calamity after another.