2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading over the comments and people were pulling his plodder at the start of the season.

Not the lads fault he's part of a defence coached badly by a disgusting manager and his Portugal 2nd division backroom staff.

We might be able to recoup 5m for him if we're lucky. Only issue is we'll also need to pay about 50% of his wages for another two years once he's gone. To basically the money we could get for him would be out contribution to his wages until his contract would have ended with us. Shambolic signing.

Bring Duffy home and bring Dunk with him, double swoop. Not great footballers but both look ok to me whenever I see Brighton. Proper defenders, and both with an eye for a goal from set pieces. No language barrier and no ‘getting to know each other’ required. Ask yourself who you’d rather be up against if you were a Prem forward, ‘5 England caps’ Keane or one of these two? Thought so.

I’m standing by for the usual ‘they’re not good enough for where we want to be’.........but where is that, top 4 presumably? At the moment, where we want to be and where we’re actually headed are two very different places unless Marco can get a grip.

Bring Duffy home and bring Dunk with him, double swoop. Not great footballers but both look ok to me whenever I see Brighton. Proper defenders, and both with an eye for a goal from set pieces. No language barrier and no ‘getting to know each other’ required. Ask yourself who you’d rather be up against if you were a Prem forward, ‘5 England caps’ Keane or one of these two? Thought so.

I’m standing by for the usual ‘they’re not good enough for where we want to be’.........but where is that, top 4 presumably? At the moment, where we want to be and where we’re actually headed are two very different places unless Marco can get a grip.
Jesus christ is this how far we've fallen? They're both playing "at their level" which granted is our level at the moment. But we need to be aiming higher than players who look ok, especially considering the fees Brighton would demand for the 2. Thankfully this is never, ever, going to happen.

Also like to add that they've conceded the same amount of goals as us and Keane played in a better defence the season before we bought him and he's turned out to be pretty gash.

Jesus christ is this how far we've fallen? They're both playing "at their level" which granted is our level at the moment. But we need to be aiming higher than players who look ok, especially considering the fees Brighton would demand for the 2. Thankfully this is never, ever, going to happen.

Also like to add that they've conceded the same amount of goals as us and Keane played in a better defence the season before we bought him and he's turned out to be pretty gash.
yes, we’ve fallen way behind, and our ‘level’ is about to get a whole lot lower if this slide is not corrected soon, starting at Cardiff. To say we have a soft centre is an understatement, we’re clueless at the back. We have to stop conceding cheap goals. Leadership is non existent.

I’m talking short term here obviously, because neither are youngsters so I wouldn’t think they would cost a fortune. We’ve thrown plenty of stupid money around for worse players recently so why not on these two? Not your cup of tea though, fair enough.

yes, we’ve fallen way behind, and our ‘level’ is about to get a whole lot lower if this slide is not corrected soon, starting at Cardiff. To say we have a soft centre is an understatement, we’re clueless at the back. We have to stop conceding cheap goals. Leadership is non existent.

I’m talking short term here obviously, because neither are youngsters so I wouldn’t think they would cost a fortune. We’ve thrown plenty of stupid money around for worse players recently so why not on these two? Not your cup of tea though, fair enough.
I honestly think in this current market they would demand at least £40 mil for the pair. I'd rather look abroad to be honest and I think that's what Brands will do.

It's very rare that I would compare Michael Keane favourably to any other centre half, so fair play for managing to find two of them in one post.

It's very rare that I would compare Michael Keane favourably to any other centre half, so fair play for managing to find two of them in one post.
I mean, I don't like Keane at all, but to say that Dunk would play in front of him or Mina is pretty silly.

Keane's on 60K a week by most account, so he's moveable. It would be lovely to upgrade there, but he'd be fine as a bench option.

Status
Not open for further replies.