2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see that happening. Should have sold Pickford after the Wc, should never have brought Keane in the first place.
Agreed I think we got greedy with Pickford would Chelsea have gone through with it at £50/£60 million did we ask for too much.

Don’t get me wrong I think a lot of us would of gone mad but ultimately were sat here posting on forums people are paid to make decisions & at the moment it’s a bad one to keep him.

He has time to get back on track but he looks shot at the minute

Like under Martinez you can not judge any of our defenders at present until we bring in a manager who can set up a defence.

Same with attacking players under alladyce etc.

Like under Martinez you can not judge any of our defenders at present until we bring in a manager who can set up a defence.

Same with attacking players under alladyce etc.
Complete and utter nonsense.
Keane is the slowest top flight centre half I have seen in 20 years. And he doesnt make up for any of that with astute reading of the game.

His upturn in form this season hasn’t changed the fact that he seems to either:

1. Make a mistake which leads to a goal i.e. the silly freekick on Saturday. There was so many things wrong with how he handled that situation.
  2. Gets caught out for pace or positioning (particularly with a long ball) which leads to a goal.

Even against Huddersfield in the last minute of the game, what was he thinking? He doesn’t have the intelligence to play for a good footballing side.

I would use the fact that he’s generally played well to get him sold in the summer. Surely a lower PL side would be interested and he’d probably do brilliantly at somewhere like Burnley again.

Zouma on the other hand seems to save a lot more situations than he costs us. I would definitely buy him if possible but we need to be ruthless and sell Keane ASAP.

Tbh, I wouldn't be bothered if neither player are here next year.

I like both of them overall. They just keep making the same mistakes over and over. And while I'm happy for the respective managers to take the blame too, I don't know how much more coaching will do for them because the errors seem so basic.

I'm not desperate to sell Keane. If he stays in the summer it's not the end of the world but if we want to progress then ultimately he can't be our first choice.

Zouma - I wouldn't be going out and spending massive money on him, let's put it that way.

Actual footage of 50p head when he sees he’s up against a forward with pace and movement

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.