• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly don't see what he has done at Hull, Watford and Everton so far for you to want him in.

He's shown his faults and he looks unable to change them.

Unless we sign Messi, Hazard, Kante and Van Dijk in the summer he isnt going to get much more out of any signings we bring in who are around the level of players here already like Digne, Richarlison, Mina, Zouma, Gomes etc.

Walker
Silva
Smith
Alladyce
Martinez
Koeman
Royle
Moyes

From worst to best since the 90's. When Silva is inevitably peddled either this season or next I'll not have one redeeming memory of him.

Atleast under the others you could point to atleast one good memory or game. Even fat sam had the vermin spewing at the pit when we got that undeserved 1-1 draw.
Royle was better than Moyes ,surely.
He actually won something , for one thing.
Plus he never disrespected us.

Koeman is the only manager I truly despise. Don't hate Silva, just think he is a poor manager/head coach

I honestly dont hate Koeman. He's a bit of a bell however he was a byproduct of the complete lack of leadership at the club.

Some managers would thrive on the limited ambition from the top like Moyes - whereas blokes like Koeman often can be like a runaway train if left to their own devices.

I think Koeman under Brands would actually have been pretty decent whereas him and Walsh were a toxic mix.

I honestly dont hate Koeman. He's a bit of a bell however he was a byproduct of the complete lack of leadership at the club.

Some managers would thrive on the limited ambition from the top like Moyes - whereas blokes like Koeman often can be like a runaway train if left to their own devices.

I think Koeman under Brands would actually have been pretty decent whereas him and Walsh were a toxic mix.

You do realise that it was Koeman who signed all the dross that we`re still left with, not Walsh.

Walsh merely " found " the type of players that Koeman wanted.

Koeman and Walsh nearly destroyed this club.

Honestly don't see what he has done at Hull, Watford and Everton so far for you to want him in.

He's shown his faults and he looks unable to change them.

Unless we sign Messi, Hazard, Kante and Van Dijk in the summer he isnt going to get much more out of any signings we bring in who are around the level of players here already like Digne, Richarlison, Mina, Zouma, Gomes etc.

Exactly, many talk about giving him time and bring in his players. The correct interpretation is if he can’t bring the best out of what we have, the next level of players he needs will cost 80m each. It’s just pure fantasy we can get to such level of spending next summer. The dreaded level of incompetency will repeats itself next season

Silva needs high quality players to make himself a half decent manager, he’s not the manager who brings the best out of decent players. Exactly the opposite type of manager we should stick to.

You do realise that it was Koeman who signed all the dross that we`re still left with, not Walsh.

Walsh merely " found " the type of players that Koeman wanted.

I think under Brands he would have had much better signings - his signings at Southampton were very good in fairness:

Van Dijk
Mane
Wanyama

Just three players who would have been fantastic here.

Koeman is the type of personality who needs strong leadership above him - Brands wouldn't have let him take the pee like Moshiri and Walsh did. Moyes on the otherhand liked to have the reigns taken off to allow him to do his own thing however he was able to do this well because he had a strong work ethic and could spot a player - he didn't need management over his shoulder and probably struggles when it is ie. Utd.

This is why Silva has to go before we can ever improve imo - Silva is effectively the last relic of the pre Brands era - the Moshiri era of rudderless leadership and scattergun approach/appointments.

Get Silva out the door and let Brands pick the manager who he feels can take this club forward.

It's not like Silva prefers a 4-2-3-1 system, so it's not like he's imposing a system on the players. He's got one decent CM, one decent attacking mid, and one decent defensive mid. He's kinda limited.
That makes it even worse you work with what you have. I agree he prefers a 433 with two box to box players. I suggest Gana, Davies and Gomes works better currently than having Sig as a number ten who isn't involved in the game enough. I take your point he doesn't have the deal personnel really but he could also be trying different things. He has hammered that 4321 that becomes 451 for 90% of the season.

Koeman should be top of that list for the devastation and lasting damage he did to the club. For which we are still paying the price and will continue to do so for seasons to come.
Koeman and Walsh spent the family silver on rusty bits of metal and faulty machine parts with no resale value(with a few exceptions Gana/Pickford). Worst still they had no idea how those parts would fit together and because they were bought on tick they would just depreciate in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.