Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does fit that bill for sure. He is a fantastic prospect.

Chances are a few clubs from the top end of the table will be interested too, and can offer Champions League and a shot at silverware.

Walsh's spend thrift ways have set this club back years.

Of the sides above us who would he go to?

RS - no have TAA
Chelsea - no have Azpi
Arsenal - no havent got the cash
Spurs - no
United - Possibly
City - Possibly but have 2 right backs

Id say if we were in for him then its between us and the 2 manchester clubs.

I think the money for transfers isnt such a huge concern its the wages, and providing we can loan a huge number out + sell a few we will be more than ok. The transfer fees are a write off now...we need to shift out the wages.

We paid £45 million for Siggurdson and Richarlison.

Transfer fees aint the problem its players on large wages that the club are trying to avoid.

Most players are "linked" with the top 6.

Callum Wilson was "linked" with Chelsea however that doesnt stop us from making a move in the summer if the club really wanted him.

It would be Utd or City for Wan Bissaka.

Militao prefers the prem to spain apparently and were building with some latin flavour so who knows.

Defence wise, Baines / Jagielka are out, as is Zouma which saves up to £200k a week. So wages arent an issue.

RB - Coleman / Kenny
CB - Mina / Keane / Holgate
LB - Digne

Looking at that we need a RB / CB / LB

So stranger things have happened...

Need to get a good few players out before we can bring new ones in.

giphy.gif

Wan Bissaka isn't going to happen so best stop writing it. He need to start developing our own players again. Tried this spending nonsense and we have failed on epic proportions.

At the very least we should look to corner the lower league market, like we did with Stones, Cahill, Coleman. 5.06 million right there and 3 of our best players in the last 15 years.

Marcel Brands was brought in for this very reason. At PSV this was his memo. Let him do his thing.
Wan Bissaka will more than likely go to Manchester City. Walker is all pace and will need replacing in the coming seasons.

Everton need to look at uncovering stars rather than spending. Saddled with too many wasters on huge contracts sadly.
Moshiri has said we'll be going more for younger players on smaller wages but bigger fee's than the opposite.

I would say Wan Bissaka fits that bill perfectly however Brands will Imo look elswhere and try find another Digne.
Wan bissaka is 40m+ and linked with city.
Ain't going to happen.
This seems like a nice place to leave this...

Militao is playing both just like holgate is playing both. He fits the one better than the other but can play both

Not too sure i agree with that...

Holgate is considered best as a right centre back in a 3 as he got knocked around by Arnautovic in a 2. However on loan hes turning it on at RB.

Militao has been consistently ace in both positions...

Vlasic would unironically be like a new signing, Hope Silva gives a chance because Gylfi is done at #10 for me.

I hope Gylfi is binned and that we go 433 with Vlasic in one of the midfield positions.

That 3 in the centre is really crucial and i hope we transform it this summer.

I wonder if the Meunier rumours may be true...

Hes a top class right back and of course 6'3 which would help us + he could be good over the next 5 years. Wages only £50k a week apparently.

However, we would have to write off any transfer fee i think as of course we wouldnt see a resale value.

Due to him being disliked by the PSG fans after liking a marseille tweet (lol) he could perhaps be signed for a fee similar to Digne which would be great business.

However, is it worth spending £18mil on someone with no resale and only having them for 4-5 years...

Or better to spend say £36mil on someone whose value should increase or stay stable and who could last 10 years?

Thats the difference with Meunier and Wan Bissaka i think.

As for Youcef Atal, hes the type of player who could be incredibly effective or a total liability.

Of the sides above us who would he go to?

RS - no have TAA
Chelsea - no have Azpi
Arsenal - no havent got the cash
Spurs - no
United - Possibly
City - Possibly but have 2 right backs

Id say if we were in for him then its between us and the 2 manchester clubs.

I think the money for transfers isnt such a huge concern its the wages, and providing we can loan a huge number out + sell a few we will be more than ok. The transfer fees are a write off now...we need to shift out the wages.

It would be Utd or City for Wan bassaka ..

Arsenal have got bellerin

United have got dalot who is a fantastic prospect

I wonder if the Meunier rumours may be true...

Hes a top class right back and of course 6'3 which would help us + he could be good over the next 5 years. Wages only £50k a week apparently.

However, we would have to write off any transfer fee i think as of course we wouldnt see a resale value.

Due to him being disliked by the PSG fans after liking a marseille tweet (lol) he could perhaps be signed for a fee similar to Digne which would be great business.

However, is it worth spending £18mil on someone with no resale and only having them for 4-5 years...

Or better to spend say £36mil on someone whose value should increase or stay stable and who could last 10 years?

Thats the difference with Meunier and Wan Bissaka i think.

As for Youcef Atal, hes the type of player who could be incredibly effective or a total liability.

The difference is 1 is a world class RB, the other is a CB playing RB for a defensive side.

Status
Not open for further replies.