Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours are likely to be bollox anyway but if true then it would definitely be a no thanks from me. If we do depart company with Silva, i will only be satisfied if we stop appointing unproven potentially no marks and pay the big bucks to bring in an experienced and proven winner at the highest level. If our ambitions are to be challenging for the premier league in the future in our nice brand new stadium, then that is what we must do. If the money and ambition is there, then winners will be interested. Cheaper than constantly wasting money divorcing idiots anyway in the long run anyway and the only way to take us forwards.
For any experienced and proven winners the choice is very limited...any foreigner without PL experience will be risky. The only proven winners available now are Mourinho and Wenger but somehow I doubt that’s what we need at this stage.West Ham was probably after Pellegrini’s experience as well...

Stick with Silva.Past history at other clubs that have had patience,have come good after a few years in the doldrums. Bristol City fans wanted Lee Johnson out look at them now. Kendall was getting [Poor language removed] in his early days , I think he got a result in cup v Oxford away and it all changed.

For any experienced and proven winners the choice is very limited...any foreigner without PL experience will be risky. The only proven winners available now are Mourinho and Wenger but somehow I doubt that’s what we need at this stage.West Ham was probably after Pellegrini’s experience as well...
What about Mancini and Costa......

Aberdeen, Porto, Grampus 8 and Southampton.

Ooh quiz. I take that is SAF who beat the old firm and won the ECWC? Mourinho who won the Portuguese league/UEFA cup/CL? Got me with the Grampus 8 and Arsene although he did win titles in France and with G8. Also I trust David Dein to spot talent far better than anyone around here. Take it the last one is Pochettino? He was what you would call a risk and he took over a fairly decent side. He looks to be the real deal and could be the exception to the rule but time will tell. Remember he still hasn't won anything yet and it's also not likely to have lots of these type of gems knocking around at a small club.

Ooh quiz. I take that is SAF who beat the old firm and won the ECWC? Mourinho who won the Portuguese league/UEFA cup/CL? Got me with the Grampus 8 and Arsene although he did win titles in France and with G8. Also I trust David Dein to spot talent far better than anyone around here. Take it the last one is Pochettino? He was what you would call a risk and he took over a fairly decent side. He looks to be the real deal and could be the exception to the rule but time will tell. Remember he still hasn't won anything yet and it's also not likely to have lots of these type of gems knocking around at a small club.

Martinez won the fa cup and Silvas won trophies. Koeman too.

Martinez won the fa cup and Silvas won trophies. Koeman too.

You have to give the yin to the yang with that. Martinez also relegated said side in the same season. Koeman's record was not bad but nothing like the first two on the list.

In an ideal world we should be trying to get established trophy winners like Mancini, Conte and even Mourinho. Not saying we will get but that's who we should be going for. If we keep going for the low fruit don't be surprised when they can't handle a club like Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.