What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, as others have pointed out, the answer isn't just to sack Silva.

I really don't care either way about him staying or going, but there's tons of issues at the club and sacking him won't go far to solving them.

The players simply aren't good enough.

The solution to this mess, on a personal level, has been to demolish 12 bottles of Peroni and watch the below a few times to see what it felt like back in the days when players actually give a [Poor language removed] playing for us and it meant something... I now plan to watch all things 95 back to back, on a constant loop, until we next win something :(

Those lads are legends. Fight, passion, commitment.

If our current players really feel the same when they wear that royal blue shirt, then they hide it well.

All I see at the moment is blank faces. Maybe they go home and wipe their tears with £50 notes looking out onto their estates.

Doesn’t matter what you do or what you get paid, you’ve got to really care to be good at it.

Watford are having their best season for years and are a handful at home, but we contained them and created more chances than they did.

The scoreline determines the way that game is seen yesterday.

Good god Dave, that’s not a barometer and they were absolutely tosh yesterday. They were there for the taking in that first half.

But one change at half time through Marcos game plan out of the window and he couldn’t react to it, just let the obvious happen.

I know you like his ideas but he’s not a good manager, he’s shoehorned players into a system and is unable to react when things go south (well apart from launching all our forward options on)

It’s like having flashbacks to Mike Walker

Watford looked really poor yesterday.
Yet again we never really looked like scoring , this does not bode well for the rest of the season.
Sad state of affairs when we will be relying on Huddersfield & Fulham etc to be relegated with very low points returns.

Edit
Swift managerial change needed or this will just keep happening.
...or, the DoF could have done his job and bought a striker.

Not a chance we outfight cardiff, they simply want to win more than our soft arses do. We are dog awful, it's embarrassing, Burnley and Cardiff are picking points up but even as they lose a lot, it doesn't get their heads down. we crumble like a sand castle in the wind under pressure.
Just like Huddersfield wanted it more...but we beat them...with 10 men.

Good god Dave, that’s not a barometer and they were absolutely tosh yesterday. They were there for the taking in that first half.

But one change at half time through Marcos game plan out of the window and he couldn’t react to it, just let the obvious happen.

I know you like his ideas but he’s not a good manager, he’s shoehorned players into a system and is unable to react when things go south (well apart from launching all our forward options on)

It’s like having flashbacks to Mike Walker
For one team to be underperforming it takes another to make them underperform.

We just dont have cutting edge, and it places a massive amount of pressure on the defence to hold out.

I suggest we get a striker in (or a couple) way before we change the manager...it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run.

Last edited:

For one team to be underperforming it takes another to make them underperform.

We just dont have cutting edge, and it places a massive amount of pressure on the defence to hold out.

I suggest we get a striker in (or a couple) way before we change the manager...it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run.

We actually can’t defend though either.

Unfortunately, as others have pointed out, the answer isn't just to sack Silva.

I really don't care either way about him staying or going, but there's tons of issues at the club and sacking him won't go far to solving them.

The players simply aren't good enough.
I could not put it better. It sums it all up.

Solution to this mess? Prioritise what needs to be done and be realistic. Too many of the squad are simply not good enough but we can't get rid of all of them at the same time. Personally, I don't think Silva was ever the right man for the job, and his track record offers nothing to suggest he can/or will turn it around. Think we need to hold fire for now, scrape a couple more wins to get safe, then the summer is crucial.

We need a new striker as an absolute must and it is bordering on criminal that we have gone this long without a proper replacement for Lukaku. I also think we need to replace Silva in the summer, and try to shift out as much of the deadwood as we can. Focus on up and coming players and aim to build over the next few windows focusing on the most pressing areas i.e. Striker, proper center midfield, new right side etc.. etc...

Slowly but surely turn it round and have a clear strategy in place - which for all the money which we have spent over the last 18 months, has been clearly lacking

We need a balance in this team; if we have that then the defensive frailties become less obvious...apart from the set piece issue.
in fairness they backed him with moolah for Richarlison....but yeah he doesnt have a striker. Even a handful more goals spread out across some of these dire games and Id imagine wed still be average but with a few more points on the board.

The other issue is....that centre of defence. Id happily bin either of the first choice pair and have no clue from the little i've seen of Mina whether he will cut it.

Add the lack of backup for an underperforming and bloody annoying keeper and I dont think its a great platform for being able to weather the crap run we started on since the derby.

No idea whether he is up to it but he stays where he is for me. I dont trust this club not to make a mess of it so if they have to do it its better its done in the summer when they have the next guy lined up.

For me NO WAY should we sack another manager mid season. Just like last season we are 100% not getting relegated. We are very bad and still have a load of awful teams managing to rack up way less points than us.

SILVA IN

....for now. but please at least draw the derby

Mina is a problem we can lay at one door only: Brands.

@davek the problem is if you like a manager for the way they play/philosophy- surely you must realise to make it work you need to bring in one that is capable of attack AND defence?

You saw the damage Martinez did on the fanbase - calls for ultra defensive football and as a result we got Koeman and Alladyce.

It really is this simple - we either sack Silva and we bring in a bloke who has a similiar style to Silva but can actually defend/mix it up and have balance in the side - or B. We persist with Silva who continues this downward spiral and the fanbase demands the next manager be a sgt hoofball 10 behind the ball as like everything in life you ask for the polar opposite of the current status quo.

I know which option I would prefer.

He's been here 7 months mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.