What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......they say that after change things often get worst before they get better. It’s pointless changing manager now and I can’t even see it happening in the Summer. The concern is Silva should have the team organised, fired up and ready for games but we look tactically naive.

I’m generally encouraged by the new players and it will take time to make this squad better balanced and efficient.
The guy is out of his depth Eggs. I'm not sure keeping him serves any purpose. If we still had Joe Royle on the staff I'd be seriously tempted to stick him in charge for the rest of the season. However I am not sure we have anyone at the club who can do it.

Current ‘solution’ is G&T, numbs pain nicely....I’m on hols (Vietnam) with time to kill.

Filled in a predictor thing and I hope/ think we stay up by virtue of worse teams, but we are gash back to front I know. Give Silva until the end of season, if we show improvement (great, maybe persist - I’m doubtful) and if we don’t (hopefully Brands is already tapping ‘someone’ up), get shut of Marco and get the new man in. #Dreams

Start by getting rid of Duncan Ferguson, hrs been there sitting on the bench since Martinez days, showing no emotion during the game and probably throwing a complete wobbler in the dressing room after a game. Not good for moral that, if it's happening. There has to be a reason the players turn crap not long into a managers reign, started off well for Martinez Koeman and Silva then after a while looked like they didn't care. The mess we are in is not down to the manager there is something rotten within the club I have my theory, if I'm right or not I don't know but somebody Mr Moshiri or Mr Brands needs to weed it out.

Have we all forgot the pre season form, all of the signs were there to see that we are not a team but 11 individuals who walk on the pitch and do not seem to know how to play together as a team. If we were losing games but showing signs that there was going to be improvements in form then I would be all for being patient with Silva, but there are only signs that we are going backwards and to me he does not know how to resolve it. He needs to be sacked now and rplaced now or after the end of the season, but the new manager should be someone who has experience in running a top club .

100% agree over the chairman’s involvement
The rest I am unsure of, as simply we seem to be sleep walking into a relagation scrap in the Mike Walker type proportions
I am not advocating sacking managers for not getting us success, but you have to consider parting company when everything around you appears to be falling to pieces
Sadly I don’t think he is up to the role, and in that I think tactically and mentally

There's a lot of sense in what you say there but out of interest mate, how many points do you see us finishing with at the end of the season? Problem for me is, I genuinely can't see more than 37/38. Should be enough, just, but it may not. That's my main concern. I predicted at the start of January that we would finish 14th if no signings, but could now see it being much lower! It may end up being a true test of both the board and supporter's nerves to continue backing him until season's end.

But as bad as Silva has been, the players have to shoulder most of the blame. How can so many professional footballers be so mentally weak? I always thought Moyes' teams were mentally weak (which they were despite what others may argue) but my God, we have just managed to get weaker and weaker in this area! Recruitment as far back as I can remember has been poor. All we ever hear is about how our different scouting teams always researched everything about a player, including his character. Really?!!
We're not getting relegated. It's almost an impossibility.

We have to switch from a football team to a football club. Shift out the teary eyed sentimentality of Kenwright and all his leeches and run it as a business.
Moshiri has bought into theatrics and while that continues then the heart makes decisions and not the head.
The top 6 are run ss businesses first, football happens based on the success of the business. We're run like a collection of amateur dramatics and there's been a persistent constant throughout that time.
Kenwright goes or eventually we go down.

....I would add that his coaching staff appear to be inept.
Ok so silva can’t sort out our inability fro defend from set pieces, but you’d think someone from the coaching staff could. If they can’t, or are not allowed to suggest ways to improve it, then frankly what is the point of having them in our payroll.

The Cardiff, Newcastle and Fulham games will get us 7 points, and we'll get a few more draws from the remainder.

It's not even an issue IMO.
Three wins in 16 says it is Dave.

Watford were absolute pony yesterday , they were there for the taking.
Apart from Sigurdssons lob onto the bar we never looked like scoring.
I said early doors and moreso in January we needed a striker to a least give us something different & give us a bit of momentum.
DCL and Tosun are not getting us them much needed points.

Three wins in 16 says it is Dave.

Watford were absolute pony yesterday , they were there for the taking.
Apart from Sigurdssons lob onto the bar we never looked like scoring.
I said early doors and moreso in January we needed a striker to a least give us something different & give us a bit of momentum.
DCL and Tosun are not getting us them much needed points.
That's being less than kind to a hard working Everton team. Watford are having their best season for years and are a handful at home, but we contained them and created more chances than they did.

The scoreline determines the way that game is seen yesterday.

Watford are having their best season for years and are a handful at home, but we contained them and created more chances .
Watford looked really poor yesterday.
Yet again we never really looked like scoring , this does not bode well for the rest of the season.
Sad state of affairs when we will be relying on Huddersfield & Fulham etc to be relegated with very low points returns.

Edit
Swift managerial change needed or this will just keep happening.

If we accept we contained them and created more chances, but lost then we will be playing in the championship in the near future and saying we were unlucky.

The Cardiff, Newcastle and Fulham games will get us 7 points, and we'll get a few more draws from the remainder.

It's not even an issue IMO.

Not a chance we outfight cardiff, they simply want to win more than our soft arses do. We are dog awful, it's embarrassing, Burnley and Cardiff are picking points up but even as they lose a lot, it doesn't get their heads down. we crumble like a sand castle in the wind under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.