• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of us changing managers, and I was fully behind Silva to see this season out, get more players in under Brands in the summer and go again....but!

The stats I was shown today gives me great cause for concern, the only teams to concede more goals from set plays in a season since the Prem started other than us in this campaign are Silva's two previous Prem clubs, that is alarming, it shows a trend, 49% of all goals conceded by Silva at those 3 clubs are from set plays.

My head tells me this manager can not organise a defence, and he does not learn from his mistakes, it's worrying.

I'm sick of it too. We're still paying 2 or 3 of the last ones off for some stupid reason. We can't be flushing millions and millions down the drain like that forever.

The thing I keep holding on to is that he's not yet had a second season in the prem. Over the course of 1 season he appears unable to learn but 1 season isn't that long of a time-frame. If he survives this season (I'm currently completely indifferent whether he should go or not at this point), I do think there is hope that a second season could be better.

Martinez and Alladyce are both paid off I believe. Its only Koemans wages we are still paying but I imagine that will end next season as he only signed a 3 yr deal.

Silva signed a 3 yr deal on 3 mil a year (sam and koeman were on 6 mil a year)

So if Silva is sacked come the seasons end which is a 6 mil pay off - not exactly earth shattering sums.

He will cost us more than that in league placings if he stays

The maddest thing about the whole Silva out thing is most people called for patience at the start of the season. You all talked about how long it would take to clean up the mess of Walsh, Koeman and Sam. But because Silva managed to get the side playing decent football at the start of the season and we actually competed with big six clubs away from home, you're all on his back at the first bump in the road.

Bump in the road ? It’s a black hole mate. 11 points from 42 available and we have played all the crap teams. Our run in leaves us with two games I think we can realistically hope for points from

You cant publically hire a defensive coach.
It just cuts the ground out from underneath the incumbent, no self respecting manager would wear it - instant resignation (cunning save the compo plan?)
You might as well give the job full time to this defensive genius...David, put your hand down and stop bouncing up and down in your chair saying, me sir, me sir, pick me sir.

Mate senior pros were coming out and criticising him , he lost the dressing room, he lost the fans , he was crap

He had his chance with for us big money and bought Lukaku, so ok there.
But
McCarthy, Kone, Alcarez, Niasse...have I missed any? Cleverly anybody else
Kone, Alcarez cost nothing and Niasse is a good asset to have on the bench IMO, better than Cenk who cost £25 million. But agree not good enough for us.

Mangers since, Bolasie, Walcott, Cenk, Sandro, Klassen, Schniderlin, Vlasic, Williams, This list pales in comparison to Bobby.

Chelsea ? Spurs? Watford?

United have sacked as many as we have in the past few years as well.

Including one whom was given less than a full season.....Mr. Moyes.

So have Spurs...Steve Sherwood and I think Juande Ramos.

Chelsea ......several including European Cup winning manager Roberto DeMatteo and quite possibly Big Phil....plus Rafael. due to fan pressure.

RS....Uncle Roy.

Loads of clubs realise it is never too early to get shot of a hopeless manager and act accordingly, even if the ink ain’t dry on the contract signature.

This current managerial crisis at EFC is becoming a bit like Brexit....no one can point to a possible upside in either retaining Silva or of leaving the EU with no deal.

They just have fingers crossed and are hoping it will all work out dandy.

It won’t.

Kone, Alcarez cost nothing and Niasse is a good asset to have on the bench IMO, better than Cenk who cost £25 million. But agree not good enough for us.

Mangers since, Bolasie, Walcott, Cenk, Sandro, Klassen, Schniderlin, Vlasic, Williams, This list pales in comparison to Bobby.
Yeah, but apart from the 72pts thing *nods to @davek...to all intents he was just as gash as this one

Status
Not open for further replies.