• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of us changing managers, and I was fully behind Silva to see this season out, get more players in under Brands in the summer and go again....but!

The stats I was shown today gives me great cause for concern, the only teams to concede more goals from set plays in a season since the Prem started other than us in this campaign are Silva's two previous Prem clubs, that is alarming, it shows a trend, 49% of all goals conceded by Silva at those 3 clubs are from set plays.

My head tells me this manager can not organise a defence, and he does not learn from his mistakes, it's worrying.
Can we afford to keep sacking folk?

First of all, Silva set us up in the first 45 minutes about as well as anyone could. We completely neutralized their narrow attack, their 4-2-2-2 generated almost nothing and we completely dominated the possession as well as most of the play. HOWEVER, we did not score. Really didn't do particularly well with the possession we had.

Second of all, it should've taken Marco about 2 minutes to see how they changed when Gray came into the game and started attacking down the wings. Once Watford settled in we started to get pushed back and beaten down. Now Gylfi hit the bar before that,which could've made a big difference, but it wasn't to be. Subbing Theo on was the right play, but it came too late. The goal was a bit lucky and once DCL came on we dominated, probably could've scored a couple times, but didn't.

So it was a mixed bag for Marco today. Thought he got a lot more right than he did wrong. But ultimately, he's limited on his bench - would've LOVED to see a CB sub to go with 3 in the back instead of Walcott for Gomes for example. He's got no legit striker. We just aren't that great, yet.

Can we afford to keep sacking folk?
Can we afford not to, is my first thought.
If we do it at the end of the season the net cost is the same.
Its cheaper to sack the manager than the players and impossible to sack the Board.
So, assuming that the taxi option is the way to go, what are you left with?
Answer; 4 months of being an embarrassing laughing stock...and then have to make the decision anyhow.
Over to you Moshiri.
#damnedifyoudo etc.

Can we afford to keep a manager as bad as this at the club?
No, his time is up, we haven't moved on at all, but when he goes I think we need someone who has at least played for our club, someone who gets us, has the passion the fans have, we sold out again today and will no doubt sell out at Cardiff which I'm going to, I said before Marco came in why not try Arteta and Cahill and I stand by it.

Can we afford not to, is my first thought.
If we do it at the end of the season the net cost is the same.
Its cheaper to sack the manager than the players and impossible to sack the Board.
So, assuming that the taxi option is the way to go, what are you left with?
Answer; 4 months of being an embarrassing laughing stock...and then have to make the decision anyhow.
Over to you Moshiri.
#damnedifyoudo etc.
I am sick to death of us being a laughing stock. Something has to budge at board level, it starts at the top. Our managerial appointments have been pathetic since Martinez. I'll defend Roberto, I don’t care what anyone says. He deserved another season with the cash.

We can afford do hire a decent defensive coach....step up Mr Brands get it done
You cant publically hire a defensive coach.
It just cuts the ground out from underneath the incumbent, no self respecting manager would wear it - instant resignation (cunning save the compo plan?)
You might as well give the job full time to this defensive genius...David, put your hand down and stop bouncing up and down in your chair saying, me sir, me sir, pick me sir.

No, his time is up, we haven't moved on at all, but when he goes I think we need someone who has at least played for our club, someone who gets us, has the passion the fans have, we sold out again today and will no doubt sell out at Cardiff which I'm going to, I said before Marco came in why not try Arteta and Cahill and I stand by it.
We ain’t beating Cardiff with this clown in charge. Warnock will smell blood with our bunch of misfits.

I am sick to death of us being a laughing stock. Something has to budge at board level, it starts at the top. Our managerial appointments have been pathetic since Martinez. I'll defend Roberto, I don’t care what anyone says. He deserved another season with the cash.
He had his chance with for us big money and bought Lukaku, so ok there.
But
McCarthy, Kone, Alcarez, Niasse...have I missed any? Cleverly anybody else

Status
Not open for further replies.