2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His HEADING is world class, everything else however is subpar. He has only scored two goals with his feet in over a year now in the PL.

Basically if we're not playing two wingers that can actually cross the ball as well as Bernard then it's very much a waste having DCL upfront. He simply put doesn't score (or challenge) the GK with his feet, nor does he linkup well enough to allow the rest of our front 4 to excel. Overall he's a liability, detrimental to the team in every aspect barring heading.

I have no problem bringing him on as a supersub in the dying minutes of a match, but you can pretty much guarantee if he starts we're going to play like crap.

His heading is world class? Wtf, he doesn’t win enough and he’s missed a lot of easy chances with his head as well as his feet. No aspect of his game is world class. Have to noticed when tuson plays that he sometimes wins the ball and it goes to our player? None of DRKSSDL flick ons have any direction, literally all he concentrates on his actually letting the ball hit husband head with no thought of finding our players

Doubt it, in the first 10 minutes maybe but after that they were as comfortable as you'd like, he did no more than run around like a lost puppy, little to no quality on show from him. No hold up or link up play and at one point he managed to kick a ball out of play for a throw in under absolutely no pressure because his touch was so poor

...yep, I remember that mis-control. I’m not in the least saying he’s the real deal, but last night he won virtually every aerial challenge and I was just wanting somebody to recognise that and get beyond him for a flick on. He looked very sharp (I thought).

...yep, I remember that mis-control. I’m not in the least saying he’s the real deal, but last night he won virtually every aerial challenge and I was just wanting somebody to recognise that and get beyond him for a flick on. He looked very sharp (I thought).

Graeme?

...whilst he’s fine for City who play keep ball and pass their way through defences, if he played for us I fear the ball would be coming back to us lots.

Last night might have been DCLs best game for us, he was a live wire and very competitive all match. The problem is, he doesn’t carry a threat. I’m sure he will carry more of a threat in the future, but I doubt he’ll ever be a major goalscoring threat. A very useful player to have in the squad, though.

Yeh that was my point. Any striker can look great in that City team the way they move it around.

I only watched to 60 minutes but DCL seemed busy and a handful. I agree he’ll never be prolific but he’s not our main striker (or shouldn’t be). I get irked a little bit when a striker is judged solely on goals scored. It’s important, of course, but there are many forwards out there that aren’t prolific but are more providers than anything else. I think that’s the role he’ll fill in his career.

...I actually gave him my MoM, but we all see games differently. I imagine those City CBs will have known they were in a game last night.

He was up there for me too, he put in a real shift last night, some really good interplay at times too.

All 3 England U23 players were good last night.

Because there's no possible link between effective strikers and shots on target.

*sigh*

I said he gave their defenders a tough time and fought for everything, which physically he did. You said because we had one shot they had the night off, which I saw with my own eyes wasn't true since he was competing for long balls with them all night.

There are plenty of players between 17-20 that showed a lot.

Owen
Fowler
Milner
Alan Smith ffs
Kewell
Barkley has a great debut ( QPR)
That Chelsea winger going to beyern
Sancho
Walcott
Bale

There are heaps

Not as good as the ones you have mentioned but compared to Dominic they are light years ahead and they didn’t even make it to the level you are talking about

Wow that's a really eaxtensive list given the amount of players over the years, as I said and you pretty much showed, few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.