• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored of sacking managers and going through that tedious garbage.

Give him and Brands the summer to rework it.
I question my own loyalty regards managers and how much time they need etc etc sometimes...

I find it interesting to hear others opinions on it even tho I come across so negative!

I just want us going in the right direction that's all

There's no doubt we have a huge summer coming up whatever happens..

He very quickly needs to address something which has dogged his managerial career in thei country,he’s the worst manager for set piece goals conceded by a country mile,I’m all for giving time but you can’t build on sand

Can we build on the players? I'd like to see a few of them buried under a good concrete foundation

When the only defence of the current manager is not wanting to sack another manager, you know things are desperate.

Sack him and hire a good manager. That is the key thing they need to do this time. He is the absolute worse of a bad bunch.

I would like to see Silva turn it around, but not sure it’s possible. I would probably give him the season and the summer but that’s probably down to the fact I’ve no idea who would want the job.

Squad needs a massive overhaul and some players need their p45s handed to them.

I question my own loyalty regards managers and how much time they need etc etc sometimes...

I find it interesting to hear others opinions on it even tho I come across so negative!

I just want us going in the right direction that's all

There's no doubt we have a huge summer coming up whatever happens..

Two seasons. Barring a relegation scrap, a manager needs two seasons to show real change.

Bored of sacking managers and going through that tedious garbage.

Give him and Brands the summer to rework it.

I get why you have this train of thought as I want to be of the same however he wont get it right will he. That's the problem. Because stats show his teams can't defend set pieces. He was 1st with Hull, Watford and now us in goals conceded from set pieces. If this was something he could fix he would have done by now but the fact he's on to his 3rd team in this league and still not addressed it says he is incapable of it.

The Watford fans warned us of this, most of them were not bothered he left iirc.

It's about as strange an appointment as possible from Moshiri.

I still have faith in him to turn it round. He knows it’s rubbish, he also cares that it’s his responsibility to put it right. That automatically puts him ahead of Roberto ‘it’s all phenomenal no problem here’ Martinez and Ronald ‘can I go to Barca yet’ Koeman. I think Silva is a decent coach who came in expecting an easier job than it is and he’s been genuinely gut punched by the sheer incompetence of everything about Everton. I’d much rather have someone int here getting frustrated than an Allardyce type giving it the ‘what more do you want for your tinpot club’ line.

If he can’t solve the problems then eventually he has to go but all we’ve seen so far is that he started well despite some severe cases of his players cocking up (Jagielka, Richarlison reds, Baines giving pens away, Pickford mistake) and injuries. Then just as we looked like getting our act together and everyone fit the old spectre of Everton squads downing tools has reared its head again. He’s now in the same downward spiral that Koeman got in where the players are so shot of confidence they can’t even put a pass together and the results get so bad a manager gets fired. If we can stick with Silva and get out of this rut though then we may crack the problem long term. If we panic and fire him then the same could happen all over again, a good start for the new boss followed by another collective collapse.
Excellent post

Status
Not open for further replies.