• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been building on sand ever since Moyes left

Probably time to address the common denominator - the squad.

I wasn’t exonerating the players one bit either there not listening to him or he’s not getting his ideas across ,the players have been a disgrace since the derby,and before that in Martinez last two seasons and first three months of Koemans second season,something is badly off at this club

Ha. Fair.

I just don’t like him C. I never have and he’s not helping me to like him at all.

That's fair. He was my first choice and he's getting on my tit and all.

Just can't be arsed with the whole song and dance around a new manager again this summer.

Everton chase manager
Everton get manager
Nice words said about manager
Players 'adapting well' to new ideas
Manager signs player he knows well
Nice words said about signing
Manager gets season off to good start
Cryarsing begins after draw to newly-promoted side

Yeah its the squads fault Silva has one of the worst records at 3 different clubs at defending set pieces

The squads fault for a lack of plan B or game management

Bad squad! Your costing magical Marco from dominating English football..

I still think some here have forgotten how BAD we were last year. We weren't REALLY an 8th placed team based on performance, we were lucky as heck. Again, they are just stats, but in case you had forgotten, I think in this case they speak volumes...

Some numbers for you:

DEFENSE
20th in goals allowed from open play
15th in shots per game allowed
20th in fouls per game
14th in goals conceded
5th in saves per goal (Pickford played WELL)

OFFENSE
12th in goals scored
18th in shot attempts
19th in shots per game
15th in pass completion %
17th in crosses per game
12th in possession
18th in take on success

Our Squawka performance score had us as the 16th best team. Stoke had a better performance score and went down.

Just can't be arsed with the whole song and dance around a new manager again this summer.

Everton chase manager
Everton get manager

I agree C, but this bad clown has to give us something, anything to cling to, stuff like pre-december, good performances, results.

I still think some here have forgotten how BAD we were last year. We weren't REALLY an 8th placed team based on performance, we were lucky as heck. Again, they are just stats, but in case you had forgotten, I think in this case they speak volumes...

Some numbers for you:

DEFENSE
20th in fouls per game
14th in goals conceded

OFFENSE
12th in goals scored
18th in shot attempts
19th in shots per game
17th in crosses per game
12th in possession
18th in take on success

Our Squawka performance score had us as the 16th best team. Stoke had a better performance score and went down.

But anyone couldve got us playing with that squad..... apparently

Everton chase manager
Everton get manager
But Everton challenge for top 6..

Swap

Some numbers for you:

DEFENSE
20th in fouls per game
14th in goals conceded

OFFENSE
12th in goals scored
18th in shot attempts
19th in shots per game
17th in crosses per game
12th in possession
18th in take on success

Whether we're a messy turd or a nice swirling, golden turd, it doesn't change the fact we're still turd. Random comparative stats doesn't change the fact we're still underperforming for our investment.

Whether we're a messy turd or a nice swirling, golden turd, it doesn't change the fact we're still turd. Random comparative stats doesn't change the fact we're still underperforming for our investment.
I got that, but this is the Silva thread. If we finished 16th last year and barely escaped relegation, would we all feel differently about the job he did? That's my point. I think it's fair to be critical of Silva, I'm not sure he's the guy for the job. but objectively, he's inherited a VERY poor team.

So if you put it within context, that we were absolutely CRAP last year and that we've actually improved, would we be a bit more patient about the process and Silva in general?

I agree that we spent poorly 2 years ago, but that's not Silva or Brands fault.

But anyone couldve got us playing with that squad..... apparently
It was a TERRIBLE squad.

Now that doesn't excuse our failures at set pieces, but my heavens, look at the bigger picture. So we laid an egg at home against a mediocre Wolves team. We had an injured Baines playing instead of maybe our best player, Mina was out, Gana - debatably our most important player out, and Walcott playing.

Perhaps we could rip Silva for playing Walcott, we can definitely criticize him for our set piece failures, but finishing 8th did not do that team justice about how poor the team and the league was.

Status
Not open for further replies.