• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what is known as “selective memory” syndrome, Lan.

Because that run of home wins was sandwiched in between a truly dreadful autum crash in which we lifted twelve points from ten games and which included the lowlight of a 5-0 savaging at Chelsea and an absolutely wretched autumn which culminated in yet another lowlight in the 6-2 defeat by Arsenal.
No, it’s what’s known as a direct response to an incorrect assertion. You said Koeman gave us no happy memories, I pointed out that he did. Because, you know, he did.

Was he? We had Del when he was 19 in Martinez's first season. Are you really sure that he was a better player in that time than Richarlison is at the moment? I think that's pushing it a bit, mate.

I'm not slating Del, I like the lad and didn't particularly want him to leave.

I know you didn’t, Toff.

You are a fellow who knows his football :)

But yes, in my opinion Del at any age I have seen him is way better than Richarlison.

Which, like you were saying in relation to Del, is no slight on the Brazilian lid.

I just happen to think Del on the top of his game is one of the best players I have ever seen playing for EFC.

I still remember the frisson of excitement and people getting out their seats around me when he picked up the ball around the halfway line and made his way forward.

:)

Honestly Dave, if you look at Pickford when he plays for England, he actually comes off his line a lot more.

I'm not saying it's ALL down to coaching, but even last season he came off his line loads more than this. I'm sure that the current GK coach is instructing him to stay home.

Honestly, it's not even wrong. Your defenders should be doing their jobs.

In the PSG game yesterday, Areola put in one of the best performances I've seen in ages, but cocked up coming for a cross. McCarthy at S'ton also made a massive error v Burnley that he was lucky to get away with.

Look at the PL as a trend at the moment. Most goalkeepers are evidently being instructed to stay on their lines.
It's not just on the initial cross; Pickford stays rooted to the goal line when a second ball is bobbing about. It's like playing with no GK sometimes.

If I were an Everton defender I'd think that Pickford was no help to me.

I know you didn’t, Toff.

You are a fellow who knows his football :)

But yes, in my opinion Del at any age I have seen him is way better than Richarlison.

Which, like you were saying in relation to Del, is no slight on the Brazilian lid.

I just happen to think Del on the top of his game is one of the best players I have ever seen playing for EFC.

I still remember the frisson of excitement and people getting out their seats around me when he picked up the ball around the halfway line and made his way forward.

:)

Tbf, when I went to Goodison for the Valencia friendly in August, it was very much the same whenever Richarlison got on the ball.

He has the talent, 100%, and imo his 11 goals have already paid back his fee.

Can definitely do more for the team like, but we need other players around him to step up as well.

It's why I don't like him on the left. He has too much work to do when he's got 2-3 men on him.

It's not just on the initial cross; Pickford stays rooted to the goal line when a second ball is bobbing about. It's like playing with no GK sometimes.

If I were an Everton defender I'd think that Pickford was no help to me.

And I'm just saying that I think it might actually be part of how he's been coached.

As I said, it wasn't really a thing last year. He usually came out.

If this GK coach is instructing him to stay at home so as to better be able to see the play, maybe that's it?

It will be an unpopular opinion with many round these parts but happen Moshiri’s first mistake was in firing Bobby without giving him a chance with the funds he gave Koeman, Sam and now this current fellow.

Of the four of them, Bob is the only one who gave us some happy moments.

Good freshman season, a long run in Europe in his sophomore and two semi finals in his final season.

Cor blimey when you think back on it, that was a vintage period compared what the Three Amigos of Mediocrity have brought to the table since Moshiri started hiring the managers :(

There.....I have said it :p

Not for me. RM was clueless when it came to defending and it was a freefall and there was no turning point at the time when he was sacked. All his signings apart from Lukaku and Barry were crap so I don’t think he was good at buying good players. I just have bad memories when people mention him. Worst ever home record under his management but Silva may actually break his records in May. His 2nd and 3rd season, for me were abysmal due to the rubbish league position. I just got used to Everton’s final position, being 5th-7th.

The blame for Koeman is massive. Glad people recognise it. He sent Del on his arse and turned Barkley on us. Cost us the two best attacking players we've had in a generation.

The players have to set themselves up though, Tim.

I'm 100% sure he didn't say to Coleman - stand three yards away from Jimenez, oh, and Richarlison, stand two yards behind him as well.

It's probably a mix of both but if our players literally need putting on the spot to be able to defend a set piece (which let's actually be honest, is not a new issue) then we've got far more many problems than Silva.

The players are performing in pretty much the same way they performed prior to Martinez getting el boot.

They look disinterested or at best half arsed, unorganised and completely shot of the basic ideas such as marking, movement or any forms of aggression.

How has this happened I wonder?

Also think this squad is still patchwork. Players thrown together with little similarity and little chemistry. Bernard, Gomes and Richarlison play much different games than Sigurdsson, Tosun, Gueye. Lookman just wings it.

Digne is great in attack, maybe a bit above average in defense. Coleman has forgotten how to cross a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.