How fickle are our fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed I do. Born and bred in the city and still living here surrounded by that shower!

Don't get me wrong, it isn't nice with the fact that they're winning and are all strutting around like peacocks; yet, there success really isn't the core issue for me.

I've been going to Gooidson for decades and I can't help but see and feel a negative change over the past few years, unlike I've felt before. We're losing our heart.

....absolutely, i’m unsure how we’ll turn the current situation around.

You're probably right and it is something I am serious considering, but it is difficult thing to do as I'm usually a stickler for going regardless of the circumstances.

Over the past few decades, I've probably missed no more than ten home games due to illness or the occasional holiday, which I usually work around matches.

To have the feeling that I can't find the motivation to go is a worrying sign because I know I'm not the only one. It goes back to the crowd issue: it's sapping away!

I jibbed it last season after the appointment of Allardyce and started watching Sale Sharks instead. ( I know I`m a WOOL for watching rugby )

It was like a breath of fresh air and I really enjoyed it.

I went into this season full of optimism, same as most Everton fans.

What we`re now being served up with is just draining the life out of me.

If there was a lower league team nearer to me I`d go and watch them, unfortunately there isn`t, so it looks like Sale Sharks again for a while.

....absolutely, i’m unsure how we’ll turn the current situation around.
Neither do I. I feel that there's an almost an underlying softness to the club which infiltrates right into the core of the club and now even the support.

We could all name ex-players who keep getting given opportunities by the club, when in reality they don't deserve them. Where's being clinical? Ruthlessness?

It doesn't help that perhaps the expectations of many fans has become beyond what it reasonable, but the lack of fight is soul-destroying. We've lost our identity.

In reality, we need a manager who will be happy to shake things up and bring back some fight; nice football is also important, however there must be a balance.
I jibbed it last season after the appointment of Allardyce and started watching Sale Sharks instead. ( I know I`m a WOOL for watching rugby )

It was like a breath of fresh air and I really enjoyed it.

I went into this season full of optimism, same as most Everton fans.

What we`re now being served up with is just draining the life out of me.

If there was a lower league team nearer to me I`d go and watch them, unfortunately there isn`t, so it looks like Sale Sharks again for a while.
I've watched Marine a fair few times this season and I went to watch Saints the other day. I'll totally admit that it's a more enjoyable and relaxed experience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to give up on watching Everton any time soon, although I will openly admit that the enjoyment factor really isn't what it was.

And I'm not even referring to our glory days of the 80s - it was more enjoyable under Moyes and at least you knew in the 90s that there it was going to be a fight!

Now, we turn up and almost expect the players to amble around and the fans feel it, while they desire this perfect football which really isn't realistic at all.

This is not the Everton I grew up watching and the club I loved as a child, nor is it the club of my young adult years. In fact, I feel sorry for the younger fans!

I’m genuinely getting tired of it and I don’t think I’m alone . It’s not silva’s fault but he’s the current incumbent, I’m bored by it all if I’m honest . Somebody busy yesterday , Couple of lads can’t make Wednesday, more and more the group will be a couple down on a match day, it never used to happen . People are just getting fed up what we’re sitting through , I can’t see my ever not going but my dedication and even interest is certainly wavering .
I wish I was able to be there to boo. I wouldn't, but I'd still love to be there every other weekend.

There's challenging for the top four, and theres conceding free kicks every other game, 5 in the last week. So yeah, I'm fickle but in my eyes, it's sliding already and he can't seem to halt it.

I didn't want him, I got behind him and he's/they are putting in performances of such low quality that it's hard to keep turning the other cheek. Not going to lie I am very very much on the fence now and I've supported him. I can't stand watching all these free kicks hit the back of the net while forwards are unmarked in the 6 yard box.

Something has changed in Camp though.

Start of the season were playing expansive attacking football, and players like Richarlison are taking players on and beating them. Players like Coleman are getting the ball and running, not stopping and playing it backwards.

I don’t think the fans are fickle, I’d say frustrated because they know what we CAN do, yet we are Playing in some Roberto time warp.

I wish we were more entitled as a fanbase. Maybe if we'd be more up in arms and actually demand more from the worthless morons who run the club to do somthing about the trash we suffer season after season, things wouldn't get as grim as they're right now. Far from being entitled and fickle, we're actually far to reasonable and passive about the disgrace that is Everton Football Club in 2019.
I think too many fans overlook the one major thing that the "worthless morons" have done. They appointed Marcel Brands. How much input he had into the selection of Marco Silva remains to be seen. But I have great faith that he will make sure it turns around. Let's see what the summer transfer window brings. I for one am really looking forward to it.

Bit of a mediocre season after sacking a manager...after sacking a manager. Squad full of underwhelming signings on big wages and long contracts. Are we
really wanting to sack another manager not even 12 months into his tenure because we’re not challenging top 4 ?? Because honestly... it’s gonna be a long time to challenge that.... time and patience and taking the rough with the smooth. Success isn’t something that can be bought overnight... it takes time and patience.

Do we have the fanbase to stick by the club or do we sack manager after manager in the hope one gets lucky soon ??

Discuss
I think we should give him until Phil the Greek pops his clogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.