Match Thread Huddersfield Town v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A win is a win...a desperately needed one at that.

Pickford's two saves were very good. I thought that header was in.

Digne totally fell asleep and I guess he did the right thing taking one for the team.

Davies edges MOTM by a whisker for me.

Cenk probably saves his place up top. Decent game.

I don't count my chickens before they've hatched. Get to 40 points then see where we can go from there. I have witnessed some dissasterous runs over the years, where you can't see where the next point is coming from, and you feel like every team you're playing against have a better chance of winning.

Remeber palace went down with 49 points before, a prem record I believe, crazy number of points to be relagated with

we were technically poor but a win is a win.Never easy with 10men
I liked how some of our players fought.

Pickers 2 outstanding saves and 3 points
Tom was everywhere motm for me
Cenk deserved a goal,

That was after 42 games though. Think 42 (West Ham) is the most after 38 games.

Before they shrunk the league? Forgot about that, funny how I remeber it all clearly now , I was crapping myself as to how they were going to shrink it down, my old man said they might relagate 4 teams that’s year, I was very young and very scared as we were crap and ualually stayed up with like a Game to spare

Congratulations on the win,as predicted we absolutely garbage again.You even tried to help us out going down to 10,let’s be honest we wouldn’t have drawn if you’d have had 7.This shower will struggle to stay up in the championship.
Enjoy the rest of the season,there’s always someone worse off then yourself!!

Win is a win, but Huddersfield are an awful side and we struggled to create chances and still tried to self destruct . I’m not getting carried away.

Blimey we run and create space all of a sudden. Well done Tom, brings much needed energy drive and directness to midfield, thus my man of the match.

Was in total control until Digne got sent off just to make it difficult for ourselves. That's 3 away wins equal to last season and 1 less than the season before. More wins on the road (6 or 7) and decent home form will guarantee any team at least 7th place.and possibly 6th. Feel we still give the ball away too often and too easily which prevents us dominating games.

I think that this might just be a bandaid result. Massive match against a red hot Wolves coming up. Hopefully the increased energy will translate into increased results

If you put things into perspective Huddersfield have usually only been beaten by the odd goal and claim plenty of possession. There problem is finding the back of the net.

Thought Pickford deserved MOtM with Davies a close 2nd. We still need to learn how to keep possession to take pressure off ourselves and we struggle to string 2 passes together.

That might be true but the performance was part of a pattern of poor displays, not an isolated incident. I agree that being able to string two passes together (especially at crucial transitions or moments in the final third) is really holding us back.

Status
Not open for further replies.