If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I knew the answer to this, I would be more than happy to let you know. I am still backing Silva for the season, but unless he shows some signs of real improvement, then he can only expect one outcome.

I just read your next post and could sense the despondency in it - or perhaps that's just my own feelings colouring the matter! Who'd chose to be an Evertonian huh?

Thanks mate and yes it's hard to be too upbeat at the moment. I think part of the issue is the scale of the rebuild job that is needed goes far beyond what most fans acknowledge. That contradiction jars on a regular basis.

Said at half time on sat that the second half could shape up to be really key for Silva - win and get though and we could start to turn it around (maybe like Oxford in 84)... but the way we lost was not good.

Still think we should stick though*

*Although, in the unlikely event we could get the green light from Mourinho I'd get Silva out the door immediately. There is an unusual opportunity with Mourinho out of favour and out of work, I don't care that he is an objectionable prick, he would win us a cup.

That's not for a minute thinking he would actually come though.

Isnt wayne doin his badges? If marco can hang on in there we can get rooney when he retires

Dunc assistant and stubbys 3rd in command

The dream team

I was thinking if it's a case of tightening the purse strings for a while and working with what we've got then David Wagner might be a candidate. But his head is jammed right up Klopp's anus which puts me off him a bit.

Wasn't there a suggestion he was burnt out and wouldn't be looking for work for awhile?

Would saying Benitez be an offensive suggestion?

It's not viable, many would be on his back from the get go. Go two or three matches without a win and we'd get all the 'agent Benitez' or 'small club' nonsense and plenty would bite.

Pity in some ways because what other CL and Spanish league winning manager is based in the area and would potentially take the job?

Anyway whatever your opinion on the guy it's a non starter. It's a tough job, it needs someone without baggage weighing them down.

The job is a poison chalice at the moment, constantly sacking people will get a club this reputation.
Indeed. It's easy to insist he's sacked. I think giving him til the end of the season is the right answer but I doubt he'll be here come the end.

Last edited:
Anyone take Moyes until the end of the season? If we finish 7th give him the next full season. He knows us and we really haven’t been the same since he left.

Wasn't there a suggestion he was burnt out and wouldn't be looking for work for awhile?

I think so, that is the suggestion, he isn't intending on coaching again this season and is now back in Germany. I think that is where he might stay as well to coach if he gets back into coaching next season. There is more than likely to be a couple Bundesliga teams looking for new coaches in the summer.

never in a million years would Mourinho want a project like Everton

ridiculous to even mention his name

If he's complaining that he's not being supported with funds for transfers at Man. United having spent shedloads. Then he's not going to want to come here.

never in a million years would Mourinho want a project like Everton

ridiculous to even mention his name
Why not? I think it would be right up his street and a huge challenge. If he's not then he should retire or go onto the international stage, the World Cup is the only thing hes' missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.