• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s worrying that Silva arrived fresh into a pre season, we had a good window, DOF and owner all behind him, expectation of the fans realistic. Yet here we are at the end of January and he already looks as burnt out as Martinez did after 3 seasons. What the hell goes on at Finch Farm?

One thing that doesn`t go on, is practising how to defend set pieces and corners.

....i’m with you on the ‘desire’ point. A free kick in the last minute of an FA Cup should be defended as though their lives depended on it. The knock down was won by a player with more desire.

Saying that, the fact that 4 opposition players were waiting unmarked to tap the ball in is also down to organisation. It wasn’t an isolated incident. Again i’m reminded of Jagielka saying Moyes worked them daily on set-pieces to such an extent they knew exactly what to do and didn’t concede for 2 seasons.

Despite what @davek says, Jagielka put his body on the line in defence. It’s a pity we had nobody of that ilk on Saturday.

We seem to have a structural issue with dealing with the 2nd ball. I wrote this in an article early this season. The shape is fine for the first ball, but often we go to pot for the 2nd ball.

That being said I do stand behind my point that there is a lack of leadership and desire in this team. We are very easy to play against. Essentially any opponent who works hard, plays in a direct way and pushes us back look likely to defeat us.

Because it's unrealistic to suggest we should hold on in hope that our current manager replicates the success of our greatest ever manager, just because they both had tricky opening spells.

For one, football has changed. And two, Kendall was a legend of the club who's ambitions reflected the values of the club.

Silva needs to improve results and performances quickly. I can accept defeats. I will not accept a lack of fight and willingness to challenge for tackles and headers. If he can't get the players to give their best efforts he's in trouble. If he gets to the summer, and I hope he does, then he needs to be ruthless in his clear out. Otherwise these players will get him the sack, but it will be his fault for failing to move them on when he was afforded the extra patience and time.

I dont think so there are numerous examples across football, Ferguson etc. Kendall was on very similar ropes to Silva during the same period of tenure Silva is in. Im not saying Silva will go on the emulate Kendall. Its more to illustrate time and patience are better rather than rash judgement for the welfare of football clubs, in my personal opinion. I think every manager should be given three years to be honest, unless there is an obvious chance of relgeagtion.

Oh i dont disagree with what you are saying ive been saying it for two years, its all good having quality players but you also need battlers in you team i think we lack that and have advocated for a while.

Last edited:
It’s worrying that Silva arrived fresh into a pre season, we had a good window, DOF and owner all behind him, expectation of the fans realistic. Yet here we are at the end of January and he already looks as burnt out as Martinez did after 3 seasons. What the hell goes on at Finch Farm?

It points to me of very poor behaviour habits of the playing staff.

I’m of the firm opinion that if you don’t concede, you can’t lose the game.....
michael-owen-quotes-9.jpg

Sacking him isn’t the answer! Sick of people wanting the easy option, how about stand by him let him get his own whole team after a year or so then judge him.

I don't get this, what is having his own team going to do when he can't organise the players he has? regardless of who's players they are he should be able to set them up to defend set pieces, it's the most basic of coaching

absolutely ridiculous excuse for our poor form

It's hard to reconcile the fans being realistic with people wanting him sacked in January when we're literally one good result away from being in the best position we can realistically aim for though, no? I've said it before but people say they don't mind a transitional season or whatever, but when it actually comes to it they absolutely do.

I don't get this, what is having his own team going to do when he can't organise the players he has? regardless of who's players they are he should be able to set them up to defend set pieces, it's the most basic of coaching

absolutely ridiculous excuse for our poor form
Because if the players he has can't play the way he wants to play then his tactics dont work

Case and point guadiola sold most of Barca's attack when he took over simply because they didn't play the way he wanted and his tactics needed to go through Messi and Xavi.

Granted we don't have a Messi but we do have players that clearly don't fit the role at the club that big decisions to get rid needs to happen.

It's hard to reconcile the fans being realistic with people wanting him sacked in January when we're literally one good result away from being in the best position we can realistically aim for though, no? I've said it before but people say they don't mind a transitional season or whatever, but when it actually comes to it they absolutely do.

I'm with you mate, agree 100%.

I will say that I have been knocked by the last two performances. Not just the defeats, but the manner of them and the mistakes being made by the manager, as well as the players.

I'm hopeful enough, if no longer as confident as I was, that he can turn it around. Tomorrow could be huge for a lot of people though, whether that's right or wrong. Mainly, I just think we need to see changes to the system. The current one isn't working and that should be abundantly clear to the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.