2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no way he’s going to win that ball. If he rushes out after they’ve won the first ball outside the area then he’s not getting to it and he looks 1000x worse.
If he anticipates it after the first ball it is easily sorted.
Its only 8/9 yards out and in the air , Pickford is 4/5 yds off his line , a couple of steps he can punch that clear with ease.
As I said it looks as though he is instructed to stay on his line.
As it was he was caught in no mans land and could/ should have anticipated it.
I'm not blaming him as i dont know how he is being coached or the tactics he is given.
But that headed goal was avoidable.

Like trying to build a house on quick sand....that's the only fitting analogy to describe how difficult it is for this team to settle down defensively with that clown in goal.

I doubt there's a defender in this league who'd be willing to play in front of that feller. He is a defender's nightmare. Literally the first task to do in order to get us stabilised is to drop him and then sell him in the summer.

Like trying to build a house on quick sand....that's the only fitting analogy to describe how difficult it is for this team to settle down defensively with that clown in goal.

I doubt there's a defender in this league who'd be willing to play in front of that feller. He is a defender's nightmare. Literally the first task to do in order to get us stabilised is to drop him and then sell him in the summer.

Have a day off , fella ffs

Yes it was, but his career died when he went chasing after money, which seemingly has all his career has ever been about.
Don't agree with that. He was a superb prospect but very injury prone. When City made us an offer for somebody we knew would have half his time on the sick bed, we snapped their hands off.

Dave...I am expecting to see comments in the press soon, instigated by his agent, about how Pickford “needs to get away from Everton, for the sake if his England career” or sommat like that.

Because his England place must be in jeopardy at the moment and the blame for his current travails will need to be deflected elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.