If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One type of manager it can't be, one of those managers who may be doing well at the likes of Wolves etc, a flavour of the month (just like Silva) it has to be someone with loads of experience, who's won trophies, who that is, I don't know, but that is why Brands is paid big bucks.

Last edited:
One type of manager it can't be, one of those managers who may be doing well at the likes of Wolves etc, a flavour of the month (just like Silva) it has to be someone with loads of experience, who's won trophies, who that is, I don't know, but that is why Brands is paid big bucks.
That’s my point. You have to see them over a few years. 6 months doing ok is not a long enough sample. Fortunately, we went for Silva who had a good fortnight once.

Never mind this stupid quoting names of managers from abroad that nobody knows anything about. Go for the likes of Wenger or Rafael or anyone who have proven excellent past records in the PL. I don't want Silva to be sacked because he took over a mess, but I have no confidence he has what it takes to motivate and turn this club around. OK two good league results and the situation looks better but I am wavering.

Please no more scrabbling around and begging to get losers to put pen to paper. The chase for Silva baffled me then and still baffles me now. RK exactly the same and I fear Howe would be even more of the same.

Duncan Ferguson should have got the post 5 years ago for a season at least I truly believe. Too late now as his legacy is not appreciated by the bunch of unloyal and very costly mercenaries we have polluting the squad now.

Managerial appointments and subsequent pay offs must be sapping the funds already depleted by chaotic panic buys of 3rd rate players, it simply has to stop. We've seen no reward for a spend Moysie could only have dreamed of.

Get someone in who has a soft spot for Everton this time, who knows what the club stands for and who's hair will stand up when ZCars rings out.

Lets face it I don't think Unsworth would have faired any worse than the crap we've had steering us for the last couple of seasons.

I'd go for a cheap interim fix with Moyes, he'd at least address the chaos at the back and may even bring a feel good factor back to the ground that may just, just spark the players in to some action......and he'd not be Howe money.

I may be grasping at straws here....but they'd be less costly straws than the board have already grasped.

OK, Dave.
We know you didn't really want to go to Utd.

The calls for Moyes, Howes, Benitez etc show what mediocrity we consider as acceptable.

I'd keep Silva over all of that lot.

Patience is a virtue.

I'd still wait until the season is over. We should still do enough to comfortably finish above the bottom three.

Part of me really hopes that Brands is keeping his options open.
A new managerial “dream team” of Philip Cocu and [Poor language removed] Advocaat....

Status
Not open for further replies.