If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wages talk?

They are the best teams
They are the best teams
The main event

The master
The best
The great teams
The champions

A big meeting
A great sporting event
The main event

The master
The best
The great teams
The champions

They are the best
They are the best
These are the champions

The master
The best
The champions

Please no more scrabbling around and begging to get losers to put pen to paper. The chase for Silva baffled me then and still baffles me now. RK exactly the same and I fear Howe would be even more of the same.

Duncan Ferguson should have got the post 5 years ago for a season at least I truly believe. Too late now as his legacy is not appreciated by the bunch of unloyal and very costly mercenaries we have polluting the squad now.

Managerial appointments and subsequent pay offs must be sapping the funds already depleted by chaotic panic buys of 3rd rate players, it simply has to stop. We've seen no reward for a spend Moysie could only have dreamed of.

Get someone in who has a soft spot for Everton this time, who knows what the club stands for and who's hair will stand up when ZCars rings out.

Lets face it I don't think Unsworth would have faired any worse than the crap we've had steering us for the last couple of seasons.

I'd go for a cheap interim fix with Moyes, he'd at least address the chaos at the back and may even bring a feel good factor back to the ground that may just, just spark the players in to some action......and he'd not be Howe money.

I may be grasping at straws here....but they'd be less costly straws than the board have already grasped.

Think some the suggestions like Conte are pie in the sky.

Howe would wilt here too much unrealistic expectation.

We are that dire ATM I'd take Moyes for a couple of seasons to steady the ship.

At least we'd be organised and have some fight.

Doubt he'd want to work under a DOF though. Likes to buy his own players.

Nuno from wolves.
WHY? Another nobody from the management world who's achieved nothing as a Manager, i'm sick of those types of managers we are onto our 4th nobody in as many seasons now, what we need now is a big name who's respected in the football world Wenger for me... I also think there is a major problem with a certain staff member who's been there since the end of Moyes time, now I could be way off but I can see Duncan Ferguson completely losing the rag with the players after a loss, and they are playing scared, thinking during the game about this huge Scott roaring, shouting and threatening them after a loss. Maybe I'm wrong but he's the common factor with every manager we've had over the last 5-6 seasons.

Is his record any better than Howe's?

Bournemouth since the start of November has lost 11, won 3 and drew 1 are in 12th and haven't taken any points from the top 6 this season.

Mean while wolves are 8th lost 6, won 6 and drew 3 and have beaten Chelsea, Liverpool, spurs and drew with city and arsenal this season.

*the cups were included.

Bournemouth since the start of November has lost 11, won 3 and drew 1 are in 12th and haven't taken any points from the top 6 this season.

Mean while wolves are 8th lost 6, won 6 and drew 3 and have beaten Chelsea, Liverpool, spurs and drew with city and arsenal this season.

*the cups were included.
So you're only comparing a half season of their whole managerial careers

Most of us wanted Silva last year when his name was mentioned. I know there was a portion of fans who wasn't so keen. I'm of the opinion it's more than just the manager this. For seasons now our players mentality has been shot. When it goes bad, it goes bad and there's no recovery. I think it stems deeper than what we think. How many managers are we going to get through? We could bring the best here and he won't get a song.

Antonio Conte.

If this club wants to put all of it's hot air chatter about not being a museum, and compete for titles then prove it.

He is a proven winner, has passion for the job and will not suffer fools.

He should have been approached in the Summer. He should now be getting sounded out in time for next season.

Mourinho, Conte are not coming to Goodison Park.

Moshiri doesn't have the budget to entice them, they is loads of work to be done building a squad with about 15 top players, try doing that when FFP 2.0 is in the works.

Also they would throw their dummies out of the pram as soon as the job got difficult, both have a history of falling out with the board and players.

I didn't want Silva as saw nothing in his record elsewhere that made me think he could do it here. In the beginning I was happy to be proved wrong, as seemed like he had a plan and would get us playing a good style of winning football. I am concerned now that he will end up like Martinez, persevering with a system defensively that just doesn't work. As soon as we conceded that free kick yesterday I said to my boy "we're out - that is as good as a penalty for them" (and I am not proud to be proven right). Trouble is, the stats show exactly the same thing at almost every club he has managed in terms of conceding goals from set-pieces - so can't see much chance of it changing. Doesn't help that Pickford has turned into a big time Charlie after the world cup and is having an awful season.

All that said, don't see much point in changing it. Any new manager will be hamstrung with a huge load of dross on the payroll that will likely take another 3 transfer windows to sort, so may as well keep him for this and next season and re-evaluate before he enters the last year of his contract. It is hugely frustrating that we will have to simply survive and be subject to mediocrity, not what this great club deserves, but realistically that is where we are. The glimmer of hope is that Brands can put together and implement a good longer-term strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.