If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's be my realistic choice but even he probably wouldn't come.

Who would come to a trigger happy team like ours? Where you don't any time. Tbh I'd just give Silva till Xmas, unless the @$#% hits the fan.
Is his record any better than Howe's?

My main problem with shouts for Arteta isn't his experience (or lack of), but it's that I remember all too well that transfer deadline day when he pretty much broke down the door, desperately trying to push through his move to Arsenal as the clock ticked down.

Yes being an assistant manager or manager's assistant doesn't mean that the candidate has what it takes. Look at Henry's train wreck at Monaco. Lasted about 3 months and they've had to go back to the manager they sacked in the first place.

If the names like Conte, Blanc or Mourinho are out of our reach I’d take a gamble and go for Arteta or Lampard. You never know how will they cope instead of a proven failure that is Silva.

Not even that. Even Moyes is better than Silva. At least we can get our best of the rest tag back.

We can't afford anymore failures or what ifs
rubbish, its partly this mentality that gets us to where we've got.
we continue the search, keep keeping on, until we eventually get someone who will do the club justice.
it may be the next one or it may not.
in the present, all we need to know is can he, or can't he.

What manager is going to come to us knowing that if they go through a sticky patch of 3/4 months the fans will be calling for their heads without having a chance to build a team?.

Very few I'd imagine. Good ones anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.