Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the milwall league game last week and posted the stat I heard about 50 % of their goals coming from set pieces , it was nothing if not horribly predictable. The one thing we should have done is worked on that and everyone seemed a huge surprise to us .

As a performance it was just so lacking , they’re a poor championship side . It just seemed obvious that all we had to do was dominate the ball , I appreciate conditions didn’t help but it looked like two poor championship sides , we simply didn’t show anything more than them . However poor we’ve been playing we clearly had more ability out there although from watching that you’d never have guessed . Apart from incredibly Brief spells the lack of tempo and fight was just so obvious and I can’t believe a single blue didn’t know what was going to happen when that free kick was awarded .

I’m sure I’m not alone but I was absolutely fed up with that and I’m rapidly running out of patience with the whole club . Silva is reaping the attitude of fans that’s been built up by the previous regimes , the complete discontent is just so obvious as is the apathy both it seems on and off the pitch . If we lose against Huddersfield, which also feels horribly predictable, it’s not going to be pretty against Wolves .

The worrying thing is that the club did know about how Millwall get their goals and did practice defending them.
It did look like two poor championship sides with one battling to stay in the division against one already relegated and fulfilling a fixture.
We didn't have anyone capable of running in behind them, with the exception of Tosun's goal. All our football was played in front of their defence and when we did manage to beat a defender we had no one in central attacking positions. DCL showed that he wasn't good enough and if we don't buy a centre forward we have to go with Tosun and give him an extended run in the team, God help us.
On Siggy and Gomes I would say that if they are receiving the ball and then look up for a runner and the players who are meant to be running are standing looking at you then they will suffer. This is not an excuse for their bad game but me clasping at straws.

There’s no question that Milwall’s 2nd should have been disallowed, it’s beyond parody that it can be shown on the big screen before play has resumed and the referee still not correct his mistake.

That said it doesn’t excuse how poor we were last night nor does it excuse how we just completely lost our heads in the last 10 minutes. Sad to see how mentally fragile this team really is.

There’s no question that Milwall’s 2nd should have been disallowed, it’s beyond parody that it can be shown on the big screen before play has resumed and the referee still not correct his mistake.

Like every other game though , every other week , every other season that doesn’t or didn’t have VAR. It was annoying but it’s not a new thing to not have someone reverse a decision, as you rightly said though we’ve nobody to blame but ourselves .

That's essentially what it is. And some idiots feel that requires punching and stabbing each other over.

Or posting on the internet , getting a club crest tattooed , getting up at stupid o’clock to travel up and down the country or spending money they don’t have to do it whilst missing important days to the rest of the family . Bit more to it than that otherwise why would any of us bother .

Just to remind you;

We had our two best players out injured, as well as our regular choice left back and our centre midfielder!!!!

You didn't just lose to a poor Championship side in a relegation battle; you lost to a depleted Championship side in a relegation battle.

To rub salt in the wounds.

Inappropriate Language
Millwall - Behind Enemy Lines

Been taking an interest in your Forum since the 4th Round draw was made. As usual with all Prem teams most of you just assumed you would turn up and roll over us. Slagging us off as a football club and our fans who according to you are all all talk and no do.

Well how did that work out for you today?

Frankly, to tell you what you probably already know - that was genuinely the easiest game we have had all season. Lookman, Tosun when he came on and Coleman who is honest as the day is long apart - your premier league poseurs have no heart, no fight, and no pride whatsoever in your club badge - they don't care about Everton FC and they dont give a toss about you the fans. £50M players? My god - our entire team cost anout £1.8M in total and I think we overpaid! How can you relate to those charlatans? How can you feel that these totally disconnected mercenaries really represent you and your proud community? Absolutely shameful and even though you may hate us and look down on us - our beloved Millwall are everything we want them to be - the football club, the players who represent our football club and our fiercely loyal and proud fans on the pitch, and our fans. We are real people with a real traditional football club which remains completely in sync and as one with our fans (they know they have to represent us on the pitch and what we expect and demand of them or we get em out very quickly) - and what we are is enough for us and we wouldn't change a thing. We are happy with our club, our manager, our style of play, our passion, our uniqueness, our fans and the honest effort and heart our players put into their game - and we can relate to them coz they are an extension of us. And we are happy we are through to the 5th Round of the FA Cup with the easiest win we have had all season. Your players just take your money and give you nothing back - they don't care about Everton FC.

We knew we would beat you today coz you have not fight and no heart. Must be honest we are a little disappointed as we wanted to come visit you in numbers to say hi for the replay and knock you out in your own manor :) c'est la vie! (or should I say que sera sera!)

I hope the few fans of yours that travelled get back safely. See you again sometime. Millwall K2K bush, bush, bush x

Great post mate. I have always had massive respect for your club and identity. There are big similarities between Millwall and Everton. Hardcore working class support for a team surrounded by more successful neighbours.

The atmopshere today was the best I can remember in any game I have attended in years. We may have got the best of it outside (as usual) but your boys were banked up in the corners of the ground by our support. Just like the old days. You had to hve heart and spirit as a player and fan.

Your spot on with your assessment of out team and manager. Our fans turn up in massive numbers to watch utter shhyte week after week because the `club' and its history means so much to us.

As for the current squad and management team - if i never heard one word about them ever again and they all just disappeared I would be over the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.