January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he's played every league match he's been available for, Ij.

22 lg apps overall, 18 starts.

He missed the first four games due to not being at the club.

Missed one game through injury and one due to suspension.

Think Mikel's just to try help their promotion push, surely.

Was just a joke BT.

.....there are loads of theses ‘Everton should sign’ stories throughout the transfer window, but they are much the same as somebody posting an opinion on here. There is no substance.

I went to the Old Firm game last month and Morelos is undoubtedly a cult figure up there but I wasn’t impressed with his overall game. He gets under the skin of his opponents and tends to have one thing in his mind if he gets the ball around the box and that is to shoot. He falls over lots and is a bit of a prima Donna, he isn’t particularly pacy, but the fans love him. I think he’s average.

I really think Niasse could be effective up there.

The lad reminds me a fair bit of Kris Boyd who scored a lot up there. Undoubtedly a good finisher and very powerful against slower, weaker & poorer defences but I'm not sure he'd get many opportunities in the PL. There were lads like Hooper who were prolific up there, even Jelavic to an extent but they struggle with the physicality down here. To an extent we have that issue with Tosun too. Without doubt a good finisher, but lacks the pace strength to get enough chances.

It's a shame, as I like buying from the Scottish league and I think it gets run down unnecessarily at times. You look at Robertson and he has become a very tidy player. However I'm always wary of physically strong centre forward who score lots of goals but lack pace.

8 million is by no means an exorbitant fee. However it's a no from me.

Thing about Gana to PSG is that Silva wants to play a passing game out of the back and through midfield but he doesn't have the passers in his team to do that. So we have to face up to losing possession regularly because Gylfi and Gomes are not quick and not always on target with passes. The wide players we have can supply moments of genius but also lose the ball as flicks and dribbles don't always come off. Which is where Gana comes in as we regularly have to win the ball back in midfield or out wide. He is great at that! not much good at anything else but great at that. Should we sell him without a like for like replacement we will have to change tactics to more hoofball or we will put the defence under greater pressure a la second season Koeman.
Controversial statement but I think players that fit the Silva system at Everton are few and far between. Gana is one of them, as is Walcott, Richarlison, DCL, Gomes (on form), Lookman, Bernard, Digne, Zouma. you can't make a team out of them, so there are fillers - players not playing to their strengths - which is why we are so inconsistent.

The lad reminds me a fair bit of Kris Boyd who scored a lot up there. Undoubtedly a good finisher and very powerful against slower, weaker & poorer defences but I'm not sure he'd get many opportunities in the PL. There were lads like Hooper who were prolific up there, even Jelavic to an extent but they struggle with the physicality down here. To an extent we have that issue with Tosun too. Without doubt a good finisher, but lacks the pace strength to get enough chances.

It's a shame, as I like buying from the Scottish league and I think it gets run down unnecessarily at times. You look at Robertson and he has become a very tidy player. However I'm always wary of physically strong centre forward who score lots of goals but lack pace.

8 million is by no means an exorbitant fee. However it's a no from me.
Don't mind admitting that I thought Hooper looked a player up there. One of many examples of my terrible judgement.

Sounds like Everton have confirmed what they have told everybody over and over again: they arent looking to add any players. Yet the moment stories get throw up again everyone is like "Why are we in for that player, hes terrible!", to which Everton has to again reply, "We arent".

Status
Not open for further replies.