January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batshuayi has potential to be a Brands sort of signing. Probably on his radar from his early career in Belgium, then moved to a big club too soon, but is not too old to still kick on if the conditions were right (a la Digne). Brands makes a big point of assessing a players character as well though, so it would only be his signing if he had spoken to Batshuayi and come to the judgement that he had the stomach for digging in and making a success of what would be a great opportunity for him at Everton. The fact that it's been leaked publically however makes me wonder if it is a Brands signing at all, as he has tended to conduct his business quietly so far, and the "story" comes directly from Moshiri. If it does come off and isn't a Brands signing I would be very worried about what the hell Moshiri is doing!

I don't think it's our only problem, but not replacing Lukaku is our biggest mistake by far. He was far from perfect, but he attracted the attention of defenders. With no big threat up top, defenses are less likely to get stretched. (Our lack of quick passing in and around the box doesn't help this either).

I'm not saying he would have come, but I was really disappointed we didn't go for him in the summer. He wanted out at that point and it was incredible that no one moved for him. Perhaps we did, or perhaps Koeman didn't like his attitude.

That's the scary part, you would hope that Mosh is sensible enough to stay out of the way, but it wouldn't shock me if he reads GOT regularly, plays Footbal Manager excessively and exerts pressure on Brands constantly.

We need a world class striker and also a world class sports psychologist. We looked like we were really building something up until the 96th minute against the RS. Since then we've looked too cautious and nervous, pretty much in every single game.
The mosh likes @chicoazul tweets!

Anyone know much about this guy from Rangers? Alfredo Morelos? I know nothing about him I'm afraid...

https://tbrfootball.com/everton-should-forget-michy-batshuayi-and-go-after-10m-alfredo-morelos/

.....there are loads of theses ‘Everton should sign’ stories throughout the transfer window, but they are much the same as somebody posting an opinion on here. There is no substance.

I went to the Old Firm game last month and Morelos is undoubtedly a cult figure up there but I wasn’t impressed with his overall game. He gets under the skin of his opponents and tends to have one thing in his mind if he gets the ball around the box and that is to shoot. He falls over lots and is a bit of a prima Donna, he isn’t particularly pacy, but the fans love him. I think he’s average.

I really think Niasse could be effective up there.

I see Middlesbrough are, weirdly, signing John Obi Mikel....take it they ain't keen on Besic then.

Pretty sure he's played every league match he's been available for, Ij.

22 lg apps overall, 18 starts.

He missed the first four games due to not being at the club.

Missed one game through injury and one due to suspension.

Think Mikel's just to try help their promotion push, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.