The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's always overlooked in respect of the poor atmosphere at GP is the simple fact that we have very few important games. It's why we get animated for the derby, even though it's typically only important for local pride. I mean, how many big, very important games have we been involved in at GP in the last 5 years or so?

The atmosphere was declining through the Moyes period when people realised we were basically a nothing club. Declined a lot quicker after the realisation that the first Martinez season wasn’t the start of something special. And now it being totally flat after Allardyce and a man who’s managed Hull and Watford were appointed is totally understandable.

Modern fans and people in general get to experience football every day through the wonders of technology and lets be honest do modern fans really want to have a big sing song to some cringey songs? Singing “we don’t care what the RS say” against Burnley away suggests:

A: we do care what the RS say

B: we have a gigantic inferiority complex

I don’t get why people are so up in arms about this, Man City have an incredible side and can’t even fill a stadium, just the way the game has gone.

What's always overlooked in respect of the poor atmosphere at GP is the simple fact that we have very few important games. It's why we get animated for the derby, even though it's typically only important for local pride. I mean, how many big, very important games have we been involved in at GP in the last 5 years or so?

Very true. Easy to get the place bouncing when you're 1-0 down from the first leg in a Champions League quarter final etc.

By around October in the past few seasons we've only had the FA Cup to play for.

You went???? Absolute sell out, you have no right to comment!
Sell out? I live in Portland, Oregon now as my name suggests you mong, how can I go every week. Yes I have a right to comment, I have spent an absolute fortune over the years traveling to watch Everton home and away. Everything I said is true, go sit in the GS dead loud at halftime, silent during the game. Loads of aways were the same, boss numbers but not that vocal (well better than at home though).

Sell out? I live in Portland, Oregon now as my name suggests you mong, how can I go every week. Yes I have a right to comment, I have spent an absolute fortune over the years traveling to watch Everton home and away. Everything I said is true, go sit in the GS dead loud at halftime, silent during the game. Loads of aways were the same, boss numbers but not that vocal (well better than at home though).

I think his comment was a little tongue in cheek mate.
As in the whole context of just going the game makes you a top blue

WOlves finished the match the other night (they won) and blared out Paradise City on the final whistle, it was excellent, everyone was buzzing. They also do mad pyrotechnics and tunes before night matches, really appeared to generate a big atmosphere, something we could really learn from.

waits "kopite behaviour" comments.

WOlves finished the match the other night (they won) and blared out Paradise City on the final whistle, it was excellent, everyone was buzzing. They also do mad pyrotechnics and tunes before night matches, really appeared to generate a big atmosphere, something we could really learn from.

waits "kopite behaviour" comments.
Kopite behaviour. Wait over.

Id disagree with the vocal element.
People go the aways for something to do, a p##s up, the football is secondary.
While nothing wrong with that, when the fans are in the stands we are terrible. Just no songs, nothing witty, no supporting the team.....nothing. Just a mish mash of people argueing with each other.

I hate it when people say 'look how many fans have gone' and '3 million mile round trip'
Newcastle take full allocation there, as did sunderland, liverpool, utd, city do also and leeds would do the same. And look how many tickets are availible on here and twitter for them lengthy aways, people buy them just to get the away credits and then dont go, so the 3k can be more like 2k
Strange then that in 3 of the last 5 seasons they've only taken the Lower Bullens stands........

The food hall though? As someone pointed out last night, we seem to confuse good support with numbers who are going for a piss up, this isnt support for the team, just lids having a laugh

Was exactly the same at Brighton, lids 'going sick' at the tea bar then silence when in the stand. Though tbf everybody (myself included) seemed absolutely bladdered after the 6 hour journey and the dross on the pitch was hardly inspiring

Status
Not open for further replies.