• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah so you didn’t rate him before he came. Is there a risk of confirmation bias.

That’s fair enough, personally I think that’s a short term liner view, but you are entitled to it. We are disagreeing here after all. It’s an easy thing to say I want to win every game, because we are Everton. In my opinion we are currently basket case Everton in more ways them one. I also believe there is a broader process rather then events.

So essentially you will get frustrated with my outlook because you are annoyed about loosing Southampton, I’ll get frustrated an most with yours because I see short terminology and reactionary opinions like your, getting us to the debacle where we are loosening to Southampton. It’s ok to have differing opinions.

To be honest, I screen some post and reply to bits that interest, I am guilty of maybe not reading all your. Fair enough, critique Silva it’s healthy. I know you are not saying it, but the last thing this club needs is a change of manager. n the

It’s a good question what has he ever done. I notice in a modern context people rate different things about managers. Some trophies etc, others attributes etc. Pochettino has done nothing trophy wise but is prob one of the most sought after managers in World football.

For me my hope was/is that he has won trophies elsewhere, while in the PL he got clubs with clear limits on upward arc in terms of results and performances. I believe based on what I have seen at times that he can do one or both of those two things here, if he can work through significant limits.

what absolute garbage. shortermism ??

if you gave him the full 3 years we would be playing the same rubbish football in league one.

he does not know how to set up a defence.

He had us 'safe' by Christmas. He had five months to show he wasn't a complete dinosaur. He got paid £8m for his time here.

He missed a massive opportunity to show he could be more expansive but chose not to.

It’s why I think the run in for Silva is vital. He’s on dangerous ground if he limps home.

A third thought. The fact we hired a guy that would lose purposely is the most pathetic of all.

Pick your poison Toffees.
You’ve presented three compelling ‘think about this’ scenarios. And, to paraphrase the line from Mrs Robinson “any way you look at this you lose”.
It’s a rum do this Silva appointment...it’ll cost Penfold more severance money...certain of that.

Incredible. Isn't it obvious? He's gotten tapped up again. It's why he was was terrible at Watford.

Are we still behind the idea we made him bad at Watford. I hope so. Cause the idea we hired a undecorated prem manager based on a run of semi-decent form for a quarter of a season is pathetic.

has silva come out and publicly stated he isn't interested in Benfica yet??

I'm not saying the signings were damage. I like Theo and thought Cenk had something about him.

It was more everything else.

Sam had the chance and foundations to prove he wasn't a p***. He did the opposite.

I'm not blaming him for our troubles this season. It's a complete mix of all of our crap stuff for the past few years.

I agree. Allardyce had a chance to remain in the job by playing more expansive football once we were safe (Jan). We all wanted him to change tact but he never and the more you look at his career maybe it was a big ask because I don't think he is capable of changing tact. Unacceptable for Everton fans therefore out on his ear with a big payout. If people would rather see us 8th with his type of footy than what we are seeing now (not great) then you must be far too young to understand what we were and what we thrive to be.

He missed a massive opportunity to show he could be more expansive but chose not to.

It’s why I think the run in for Silva is vital. He’s on dangerous ground if he limps home.
I cant wait for the about turn in form and us to turn in to man city and win most of our run in games...

or we could just limp home in 14th...

He did huge damage because of the style of play, the absolute bile he spouted and his total disrespect to the fanbase (admittedly not that we do much to deserve respect, like).

He had us 'safe' by Christmas. He had five months to show he wasn't a complete dinosaur. He got paid £8m for his time here.

In the same vein, the current manager had 6 months to show. It does not go too well at this rate. I do not like Fat Sam but I would not say the team had much difference to Koeman’s opening 8 games.

We paid Sam because we can sense there was a danger in relegation during Koeman/Unsworth’ time. That’s you got a fireman. Nothing more nothing less.

Big Sam is better face it

its very obvious that big sam is a much better premier league manager.

he has kept a league one standard sunderland up, something marco failed at with hull.
he also got more points from a far less talented squad here.

the fact he plays such direct and awful LOOKING football means he was never going to last here.

unfortunatly it looks like Marco will be getting a 2 year free ride here as he plays such easy on the eye and attractive football which brings zero points in.

at least we are easy on the eye tho.

Silva strikes me as another idealist in the Martinez mould the issue we have is unless all of our players are on form its very difficult for us to play that style of football. On the other hand Sam was just sitting in and hoping to nick something which is tedious to watch. We need possibly a in between type of manager more of a high press, but solid in a structure type.I think we need to see it through with Silva now to see if he can get the team how he wants it next season but if we still dont see results then he should be under big pressure. Maybe look at German coaches next time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.